Developing of Career Development Program for Preschool Professions
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Toho Gakuen University (2007)|
Niimi College (2005-2006)
YATO Seijiro Toho Gakuen University, Faculty of Human Studies, Professor (70259571)
OKAMOTO Kazuko Okayama Prefectural University, Faculty of Health and Welfare Science, Professor (40078902)
SUWA Hidehiro Kawasaki University of Medical Welfare, Faculty of Science and Technology, Associate Professor (80300440)
YAMANAKA Aya Kochi University, Faculty of Education, Associate Professor (10210494)
SUGOUCHI Mitsugu Osaka Kun-ei Women's College, Department of Elementary Education, Professor (60280137)
YUTO Sadamune Tezukayama Gakuin University, Faculty of Literature, Lecturer (20325137)
|Project Period (FY)
2005 – 2007
Completed (Fiscal Year 2007)
|Budget Amount *help
¥3,770,000 (Direct Cost: ¥3,500,000、Indirect Cost: ¥270,000)
Fiscal Year 2007: ¥1,170,000 (Direct Cost: ¥900,000、Indirect Cost: ¥270,000)
Fiscal Year 2006: ¥1,100,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,100,000)
Fiscal Year 2005: ¥1,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,500,000)
|Keywords||Preschool Professions / Career Develonment / Preschool Profession Training / On-the-Job Training / Professionalism / 保育士 / 資質 / 力量|
The purpose of this study is to develop career development program for preschool professions from training school to on-the-job training. The findings from our research are follows :
1) Theoretical Study ; It is important for professional development of preschool professions to build a learning community.
2) Research in U.S. ; Leadership of directors of preschool facilities to build culture that can facilitate professional development is more directly related to the quality of care and education in U.S. than Japan because of difference of discretionary power of directors.
3) Research on OJT of Other Human Care Professions; OJT system for Nurse is quite suggestive for preschool professions system. Nurse training is more conscious of career development than preschool professions'.
4) Research on OJT System for Preschool Professions of Local Government ; The sense of mission and motivation of staff persons in charge of OJT in local government is important to build the OJT program. Also the awareness of best interests for children of governor of local governments is important as a basis of the program.
5) Trial Run of OJT Program Which We Developed ; Interaction among staffs with variety of experience, between child care givers and Kindergarten teachers, between professional staffs and training school students is effective to career development of preschool professions. It is also effective for the learning program to prepare skilled facilitators.
Report (4 results)
Research Products (7 results)