Development of Physical Pest Control System Combined Optics with Pattern
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
Agricultural environmental engineering
|Research Institution||Ehime University |
ARIMA Seiichi Ehime University, Faculty of Agriculture, Associate Professor, 農学部, 助教授 (60335891)
YAMASHITA Jun Ehime University, Faculty of Agriculture, Professor, 農学部, 教授 (40036405)
KAKIHARA Fumika Ehime University, Faculty of Agriculture, Lecturer, 農学部, 講師 (80101377)
|Project Period (FY)
2005 – 2006
Completed (Fiscal Year 2006)
|Budget Amount *help
¥3,700,000 (Direct Cost: ¥3,700,000)
Fiscal Year 2006: ¥500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥500,000)
Fiscal Year 2005: ¥3,200,000 (Direct Cost: ¥3,200,000)
|Keywords||Physical Pest Control System / Spectral Reflection / Ultraviolet Image / Visible Image / Co-evolution / Nectar Guide / Entomophilous Flowers / Anthophilous Insects|
This research aims at constructing the physical pest control system using an optical characteristic. The experiment was used to measure the spectral reflection and pattern of variety flowers.
The pest control experiment is being continued now.
1) The flowers were able to be classified in three patterned forms.
(1)Flower that shows nectar guide ------78%
(2)Flower that shows complex pattern----7%
(3)Featureless flower ----- 15%
Eighty five percent of the flowers had the UV sign.
2) The flower with UV sign had it at the center of the petal. The UV sign was shown in the reflection area and absorption area.
3) Ratio of flowers with UV sign.
Wild flowers --------55%
4) The spectrum reflection had two patterns.
(1) There is a peak in 300〜500nm once.
(2) Reflectivity rises rapidly once.
5) Seventy five percent of the pelargonium (only artificial true bred) had the absorption area of the UV on the two upper petals.
Eighty six percent of the pelargonium (other than artificial true bred) had the reflection area of the UV on the center of the petal.
6) It is thought that a lot of flowers efficiently attract the insects with the pattern they possessed. Therefore, it seems that it is possible to establish construction of advanced physical pest control system by adding pattern. The experiment is conducted to determine whether adding pattern to the yellow sticking sheet will affect the quantity of insect attracted.
7) The natural enemy insects are sometime attracted to the yellow sticking sheet where reflectivity is high (about 80%).
However, it is not attracted to the one where reflectivity is low (about 60%).
It is presumed that the difference in reflectivity affects the amount of attracted Insects.
Report (3 results)
Research Products (10 results)