|Budget Amount *help
¥3,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,500,000、Indirect Cost : ¥300,000)
Fiscal Year 2007 : ¥1,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,000,000、Indirect Cost : ¥300,000)
Fiscal Year 2006 : ¥1,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,300,000)
Fiscal Year 2005 : ¥1,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,200,000)
We investigated two themes in this research project at Daikanyama (Shibuya-ku, Tokyo).
(1) Formation and transformation of land use mixture of city areas, and.
(2) Growth management of the city by the subjectivity of interested citizens and organizations.
Following things have become clear by our research.
1. The lands of latifundists such as the Yamamotos, the Asakuras, the Saigos were changed to the residences for ex-peers, politicians, cultured persons, company houses and public housing complexes. Daikanyama Hillside Terrace, Northwest Orient Airlines company houses, Evergreen Homes, Uguisu-Jutaku Public Housing Complex, Josenji Temple, Hachiyama Junior Highschool, First Metropolitan Commercial Highschool and Saigo-yama Park were examples of this change.
2. The tendency of mixed land-use, in the level of a city block or each building, was observed since 1980's. In the area around Daikanyama station (Tokyu Toyoko Line), buildings which were designed for the use with business, commerce and
housing mixture were increased. At the blocks near Daikanyama Address, the tendency of mixed land-use became conspicuous. In Uguisudani-cho and Hachiyama-cho area, where housing complexes and a temple were located, there exist many detached houses and low-rise / middle-rise small buildings for residence.
3. By our research about various groups in Daikanyama area, it became clear that the mutual cooperation and interchange between various groups in the town were weakened. We studied about the processes of establishment and activity of various groups, i.e, traditional neighborhood associations, the town planning organization to improve living environment, activities for local activation including commerce, and volunteer circles of residents and visitors. Each group works quite actively, but mutual understanding is not enough between these groups - especially between the town planning organization and traditional groups based on the vicinity, or between the town planning organization and the city government.
4. We carried out a consciousness investigation about the business environment and the town of Daikanyama area. New come store managers were at a loss for the gap between expectation and the real business results. Old stores and building owners have uneasiness for the increasing fluidity of the tenants. It is the lack of mutual understanding between the traditional shop street association and new-come stores that leads to local environmental deterioration, a sense of impending crisis to community collapse.
5. We also investigated about the actual operation of Waga-machi Rule (Our Own Town Rule), which is registered at Shibuya-ku Town Management Regulation. The prior consultations regulated by the rule among neighborhood residents, development business enterprises, the town management organization and the city government, are faced to the difficulty of adjustments about the building development plans because of property right and profit-related problems. At the side of the local inhabitants and experts, the points of discussion are about the height, usage and the relationship with neighboring environments of the planned building in question. Less