Method of educating engineering ethics that use case method and development of educational result measurement technique
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Kanazawa Institute of Technology |
OBA Kyoko Kanazawa Institute of Technology, Academic Foundations Programs, Resemplier (20367452)
FUDANO Jun Kanazawa Institute ofTachnology, Academic Foundations Programs, Professor (90229089)
NISHIMURA Hideo Kanazawa Institute of Technology, Academic Foundations Programs, Associate Prolssom (70208221)
TOCHINAI Fumihiko Kanazawa Institute of Technology, Academic Foundations Programs, Lecturer (50387354)
KANEMITSU Hidekazu Kanazawa Institute of Technology, Academic Foundations Programs, Lecturer (50398989)
HONDA Kojiro Kanazawa Institute of Technology, Academic Foundations Programs, Lactunar (40410302)
|Project Period (FY)
2005 – 2006
Completed (Fiscal Year 2006)
|Budget Amount *help
¥3,600,000 (Direct Cost: ¥3,600,000)
Fiscal Year 2006: ¥700,000 (Direct Cost: ¥700,000)
Fiscal Year 2005: ¥2,900,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,900,000)
|Keywords||Scientific education / Ethics / Education method / Engineering Ethics / Case Method|
The necessity of the technological ethics education is widely acknowledged in Japan. However, how to put the educational technique and the result is researched still hardly. The present study went to the engineer ethics education in the case method to which it was use such as the school of business to use it. Moreover, the measurement of ethical competence was tried.
A concrete content to research is the following.
1. It created the detailed syllabus of "science & engineering ethics" which is done in the KIT which the research representatives belong to.
2. It reviewed a way of educating and it created a specific lecture plan (including the number of people, the time, the time of the member of a class, the composition, the problem, e.t.c.) above.
3. It used Agora which is e-learning teaching materials for the technology ethics education which was developed in Holland. Reviewing the way of utilizing as the support teaching materials when practicing a case method specifically
4. To obtain information on making the case, it interviewed the teacher who had the experience of working in the enterprise.
5. The case method was actually done in "science & engineering ethics ".
6. It evaluated an effect about the practiced case method technique.
7. It did Continuous Improvement of the case.
8. The evaluation standard Ethics to have investigated about the way of measuring and evaluating the effect of the education by the case method and for it to have been specifically developed in Pittsburgh university and so on It enforced Rubrics and it analyzed a result.
Report (3 results)
Research Products (24 results)