|Budget Amount *help
¥15,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥15,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1985: ¥1,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1984: ¥14,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥14,000,000)
This study dealt with the analysis on physiological properties and genetic analysis of the mutants for the carbohydrates in rice grain. The results are given as under.
1. It was revealed that low amylose property of endosperm starch in thirteen mutant lines were controlled by single recessive genes and that there were six loci, including wx locus, for the low amylose property. We designated these genes as du-1, du-2, du-3, du-4 and du-5, respectively.
2. It was clarified that du-1, du-2 and du-4 located on Chromosome 7, 1 and 4, respectively.
3. High amylose property in four mutant lines were controlled by single recessive genes and there was one locus for the high amylose property. We designated the high amylose gene as ae.
4. Wx protein, enzyme related to synthesis of amylose, in the mutants for amylose content showed quantitative differences.
5. In the genetic analysis on sugary and shrunken mutants, it was revealed that there were two loci for shrunken mutant, in addition to two loci(shr-1 and shr-2). Moreover, it was clarified that the gene shr-2 located on Chromosome 12.
6. In the analysis of carbohydrates contents of sugary and shrunken mutants, starch reduction was observed in all of mutants. For the sugary mutants, water soluble pollysaccaride were higher than other mutants. For the shrunken mutants, the levels of sucrose were very high at the early stage of grain developemental period.
7. We assumed the relation between each mutant genes and enzymes of carbohydrate metabolic pathway, with reference to study in maize.