The Development of Apparatus for Creep Test of Concrete under Multiaxial Compression Loads at Elevated Temperature.
Grant-in-Aid for Developmental Scientific Research
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Nagoya Institute of Technology |
|Project Period (FY)
1984 – 1985
Completed (Fiscal Year 1985)
|Budget Amount *help
¥8,900,000 (Direct Cost: ¥8,900,000)
Fiscal Year 1985: ¥4,100,000 (Direct Cost: ¥4,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1984: ¥4,800,000 (Direct Cost: ¥4,800,000)
|Keywords||Concrete / Creep at elevated temperature / Multiaxial compression creep / Creep test apparatus / Rheology|
The purposes of this research project in 1984 and 1985 are as follow.
1) to design and complete of a automatic load control system on a creep test apparatus subject to the multiaxial compressive creep stress at elevated temperature.
2) to make the cubical concrete specimens with the strain gauges applicable for 300゜C embeded in the center of test pieces.
3) to examine the creep behavior of cubical concrete under multiaxial compression stress.
4) to investigate the moisture dependency on creep strain and visco-elasticity of concrete.
5) to make clear the effects of relative notch depth and other test factors on the fracture toughness (= critical stress intensity factor ) of cementitious materials.
The results of this investigation are summarized as follow.
(1) The designed automatic load control system in the creep test apparatus has a good accuracy and good stability.
(2) Eaton strain gauge is applicable to creep test below 300゛C.
(3) The elasticity and viscocity of predried concrete inclease with rise up of test temperature, but these values in the wet concrete is discontinous at 100゜C.
(4) The elastic and creep strains of concrete inclease with the incleasing of the surface energy of impregnated liquids.
(5) The modulus of elasticity and coefficient of viscocity of dried concrete is larger than that of wet concrete.
(6) There is no effect of relative notch depth on fracture tougness of mortar beam within the range of a/D = 0.15, 0.5, <K_(1c)> keeps a constant values in this rang.
Report (1 results)
Research Products (8 results)