The safety of steel bridges around capital region under severe conditions
Grant-in-Aid for Co-operative Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||The University of Tokyo |
ITO Manabu University of Tokyo, Faculty of Engineering Professor, 工学部, 教授 (00010661)
YODA Teruhiko Waseda University, School of Science and Engineering Associate Professor, 理工学部, 助教授 (70112993)
MIKI Chitoshi Tokyo Institute of Technology, Faculty of Engineering Associate Professor, 工学部, 助教授 (20016645)
OHMACHI Tatsuo Tokyo Institute of Technology, Graduate Scool at Nagatsuta Associate Professor, 総合理工学部, 助教授 (90126269)
堀井 秀之 東京大学, 工学部, 助教授 (10181520)
FUJINO Yozo University of Tokyo, Faculty of Engineering Associate Professor, 工学部, 助教授 (20111560)
MASUDA Nobutoshi Musashi Institute of Technology, Faculty of Engineering Associate Professor (00016700)
長谷川 彰夫 東京大学, 工学部, 助教授 (50024360)
|Project Period (FY)
1985 – 1987
Completed (Fiscal Year 1988)
|Budget Amount *help
¥4,100,000 (Direct Cost: ¥4,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1987: ¥900,000 (Direct Cost: ¥900,000)
Fiscal Year 1986: ¥1,400,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1985: ¥1,800,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,800,000)
|Keywords||Steel Bridge / Safety / Ultimate State / Fatigue / Load Carrying Capacity / Traffic Live Load / 自然災害 / 防災システム / 耐荷力 / 設計法|
In the present study we synthesize investigations for steel bridges around capital region under severe condition on different aspects such as ultimate load carrying capacity subjected to fatigue and buckling, estimation of wind load, earthquake load, and severe traffic live load, and anti-earthquake design. With a purpose to ensure the safety of steel bridges around capital region, the following studies are carried out.
(1) On fatigue; Establishment of data base for fatigue cracking in steel bridges. The evaluation of fatigue crack growth from blowholes. Simulation of fatigue crack growth in highway bridges. Feasibility study on detection of fatigue crack in fillet welded joint. Retrofitting fatigue-cracked joints by tig arc remelting.
(2) On ultimate load carrying capacity; Estimation of ultimate strength of stiffened steel plates. Simplified analysis and optimality on the steel column behavior. Analysis of cable-stayed bridges subjected to nonuniform support.
(3) On severe traffic live load; Measurement of weigth of moving vehicles. Simulation for evaluating extremes of traffic live load on highway bridges. Stress reduction factor for fatigue assessment of highway bridges. Effect of multiple presence of vehicles on fatigue damage of bridges.
(4) On dynamic problems; Dynamic uplifting of flexible structure on compliant ground. Experimental study on tuned liquid damper using circular containers.
(5) On design method; Influence analysis of the factors of safety on the design of bridges. Effects of gross errors for determining the factors of safety. A Method to determine fractile values from statistical data.
Report (3 results)
Research Products (23 results)