New processes on the structure-controls and property-evaluation of ceramics
Grant-in-Aid for Co-operative Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||TOHOKU UNIVERSITY |
HIRAI Toshio Tohoku Univ. ・RIISOM ・ Prof., 金属材料研究所, 教授 (50005865)
YANAGIDA Hiroaki Univ. of Tokyo ・ Faculty of Eng. ・ Prof., 工学部, 教授 (20010754)
SOGA Naohiro Kyoto Univ. ・ Faculty of Eng. ・ Prof., 工学部, 教授 (80026179)
SOMIYA Shigeyuki Tokyo Inst. Tech. ・ Res. Lab. of Enf. Mat. ・ Prof., 工学材料研究所, 教授 (60016813)
NAKA Shigeharu Nagoya Univ. ・ Faculty of Eng. ・ Prof., 工学部, 教授 (80022979)
KOIZUMI Mistue Osaka Univ. ・ ISIR ・ Prof., 産業科学研究所, 教授 (80029826)
|Project Period (FY)
1985 – 1986
Completed (Fiscal Year 1986)
|Budget Amount *help
¥5,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥5,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1986: ¥1,800,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,800,000)
Fiscal Year 1985: ¥3,700,000 (Direct Cost: ¥3,700,000)
|Keywords||Ceramics / Structure-controls / Property-evaluation / Powder / Single-crystal / Sintered body / Composite / ガラス|
Ceramic materials are able to divide into five groups, i.e. powders, single crystals, sintered bodies, composites and glasses. Then all investigators were also divided into five groups in order to study the new process on the structure-controls of ceramics as follows. Structure-controls and property-evaluation of (1) powders, (2) single crystals, (3) sintered bodies, (4) amorphous materials, (5) composites. Each investigator belonged to one of these groups and studied respective problems. The meetings were held at January 20th and 21st 1986 and February 2nd and 3rd 1987 both in the suburbs of Sendai city, and many subjects on "new processes on the structure-controls and property-evaluation of ceramics" were discussed. There the future prospects of the above mentioned problems were ascertained. The outline is indicated as follows.
1. Powder preparation process by gas, liquid or solid phase method were rearranged by using the thermodynamics, the equilibrium theory and the chemical kinetic
s. These results were reflected to the structure-controls and property-evaluation of powders.
2. Relationship between the micro-structure and properties on single crystals were studied and these results were rearranged by using the chemical bonding theory, the diffusion theory and the equilibrium theory.
3. Relationship between the macro-structure and properties on sintered bodies were studied and these results were rearranged by using the fracture mechanics and the statistical theory.
4. Relationships between the composition, phase separation crystallization and the properties on various amorphous materials were studied, and these results were scientifically rearranged.
5. Relationship between the improvement of functions or characteristics and the micro-structure of composites were studied, and the results were scientifically rearranged.
The part of these results were reported at the meetings of the Chemical society of Japan, the Japan Institute of Metals, the Ceramic society of Japan and so on. Less
Report (1 results)
Research Products (10 results)