Correlation of Flavor and Nutrition for Food Evaluation
Grant-in-Aid for Co-operative Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||OCHANOMIZU UNIVERSITY |
KOBAYASHI AKIO Ochanomizu University, Faculty of Home Science, Professor, 家政学部, 教授 (40005591)
KUBOTA Kikue Ochanomizu Univ., Faculty of Home Science, Assoc. Professor, 家政学部, 助教授 (90008730)
HOMMA Seiichi Ochanomizu Univ., Faculty of Home Science, Assoc. Professor, 家政学部, 助教授 (50017240)
SHIMADA Junko Ochanomizu Univ. Faculty of Home Science, Professor, 家政学部, 教授 (60017233)
KURATA Tadao Ochanomizu Univ., Faculty of Home Science, Assoc. Professor, 家政学部, 助教授 (60011920)
IGARASHI Osamu Ochanomizu Univ., Instit. of Environ. Sci. for Human Life, 生活環境センター, 教授 (40017231)
|Project Period (FY)
1985 – 1986
Completed (Fiscal Year 1986)
|Budget Amount *help
¥6,700,000 (Direct Cost: ¥6,700,000)
Fiscal Year 1986: ¥1,300,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,300,000)
Fiscal Year 1985: ¥5,400,000 (Direct Cost: ¥5,400,000)
|Keywords||Nutrient / Flavor / 官能評価|
This study was performed from the view point that the correlation of nutrients and flavor substance were indispensable to investigate the future food problems.
The food materials we picked up and their results and discussions are summerized as follows.
1.Nutritional interactions of Vitamin E and/or proteins to the edible oil and fat are investigated using rat as test animals. The concentrations of the nutrients at the specific part of the rat body was analyzed.
2. The organoleptic and rheological studies were applied to evaluate the effect of dietary fiber added to batter made of wheat flour and corn oil.
3. By analyzing the volatile compounds in fresh alfalfa, correlation between their attractancy to guinia pig and its Vitamin C requirement were discussed.
4.Theoccurrence of off-flavor of soybean protein were investigated from the substance(hexanal) and its precursors(lipids containing unsaturated fatty acids).
5. The aroma compounds in roasted shrimps are formed by the mutual reaction of peptides,amino acids and their degradated compounds.
6. The rice cooking and acceptability are considered from the chemical and physical changes of rice starch and these data were compared to the organoleptic evaluations.
7. The solidity of the cooked sardin meat ball depends on its freshness. The changing of fish protein, particularlly, actomyosin were analyzed and were correlated to the physical properties of the fish meat ball.
8. The sweet aroma compounds appeared during the cooking of red beans are analyzed and the effect and mutual interaction of the added sugar to these aroma constituents were discussed.
Report (1 results)
Research Products (9 results)