METHOD FOR MEASURING RADIOACTIVE TRACE CONTAMINATION
Grant-in-Aid for Co-operative Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||THE UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO |
MORIKAWA NAOTAKE RADIOISOTOPE CENTRE, THE UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO, 国立大学(その他), 教授 (70011525)
TAKASHIMA YOSHIMASA DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY, KYUSHU UNIVERSITY, アイソトープ総合センター(理学部), 教授 (10037161)
KUNITOMI NOBUHIKO RADIOISOTOPE RESEARCH CENTER, OSAKA UNIVERSITY, ラジオアイソトープ総合センター(理学部), 教授 (40028072)
KURIHARA NORIO RADIOISOTOPE RESEARCH CENTER, KYOTO UNIVERSITY, 放射性同位元素総合センター, 教授 (00026428)
TAKATA KENZO RADIOISOTOPE CENTER, NAGOYA UNIVERSITY, アイソトープ総合センター, 教授 (50022562)
IKEDA NAGAO RADIOISOTOPE CENTER, THE UNIVERSITY OF TSUKUBA, アイソトープセンター(化学系), 教授 (00015463)
|Project Period (FY)
1985 – 1986
Completed (Fiscal Year 1986)
|Budget Amount *help
¥8,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥8,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1986: ¥2,700,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,700,000)
Fiscal Year 1985: ¥5,300,000 (Direct Cost: ¥5,300,000)
|Keywords||Radioactive contamination / Radiation measurement / Radioactive waste / 極低バックグラウンド測定装置 / ダストモニター / 放射性物質揮散率 / 放射線モニタリング / 放射性有機廃液焼却処理|
The main research activities of the project in 1986 was focussed upon the preparation of a manual of a general method for measuring radioactive trace contamination.
In the unsealed radioisotope handling facilities, the measurement of radioisotope concentration in the air or the water and radioisotope density on the surface of solid within the controlled area and around its boundary is obligated by law but a definite method has not been fixed.
A guide book of the measuring methods, prepared by investigators of radioisotope centers of nine universities. It was effectively used at the study and training for radiation safety control personnel in all parts of Japan.
The research and development of particular subjects involved in measuring radioactive trace contamination have been actively carried out.
The following experimental works were performed.
1. Measurement of tritium in environment and its application to the method for measuring radioactive trace contamination (Hokkaido Univ.)
2. Determination of concentration of <^3H> and <^(14)C> in the environment around incineration facility of radioactive organic liquid waste (Tohoku Univ.)
3. Volatilizing rate of labeled amino acids (The Univ. of Tsukuba)
4. Winding filter paper type dust monitor equipped with two GM detectors (The Univ. of Tokyo)
5. Measurement of surface contamination - Estimation of contaminating nuclides - (Kanazawa Univ.)
6. Contamination by the volatilization of <^(125)I> and monitering of <^(125)I> contamination (Nagoya Univ.)
7. Monitering of trace contamination by means of <gamma> -spectrometry (Kyoto Univ.)
8. Ultra low background <alpha> ・ <gamma> radiation measuring apparatus (Osaka Univ.)
9. Measurement of trace contamination in the environment around incineration facility of radioactive organic liquid waste (Kyushu Univ.)
Report (1 results)
Research Products (12 results)