Grant-in-Aid for Co-operative Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||KANAGAWA DENTAL COLLEGE |
OSADA Tamotsu Kanagawa Dental College, 歯学部, 教授 (70084720)
SAITO Tsuyoshi Nihon University School of Dentistry, 歯学部, 教授 (60059235)
WATANUKI Ken Tohoku Dental University, 歯学部, 教授 (20083446)
HORIUCHI Hiroshi Tohoku University School of Dentistry, 歯学部, 教授 (00013962)
IWAKU Masaaki Niigata University School of Dentistry, 歯学部, 教授 (70013927)
ISHIBASHI Masumi Iwate Medical University School of Dentistry, 歯学部, 教授 (60048220)
|Project Period (FY)
1985 – 1986
Completed (Fiscal Year 1986)
|Budget Amount *help
¥10,400,000 (Direct Cost: ¥10,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1986: ¥3,100,000 (Direct Cost: ¥3,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1985: ¥7,300,000 (Direct Cost: ¥7,300,000)
|Keywords||efficient endodontics / contamination in water systems of dental unit / mechanization of root canal treatment / local anesthesia of lower molar area / root canal treatment with ultrasonic apparatus / FCの髄室貼付|
The purpose of this study was to investigate rational methods for the safety, steady, and efficient endodontic treatment.
The results were as follows:
1. From the view of experiments to simplify the rubber dam application, it was confirmed that the operation time was reduced by device of tretment motion and improvement of rubber dam flame.
2. About the local anesthesia study, it was proved that the paraperiosteal and subperiosteal injection methods were effective to lower molar area, however it was sometimes necessary to combine the periodontal ligament injection.
3. The contamination of water system in dental unit related to the chloride concentration. It was supported that the contamination of the water was reduced by using the fluorocarbon polymer as piping material.
4. Water flow sterilization system using a ultraviolet device, which was connected to ultrasonic apparatus for endodontic treatment, was newly developed, and it worked effectively to decrease bacteria in the water.
5. To evaluate the cutting and cleansing efficiency of ultrasonic endodontic unit, multilateral studies were carried out. The results from these studies showed that the ultrasonic device worked functionally.
6. FC, and Cefpiramide that was a wide spectrum antibiotic were examined with intracanal or intrachamber medicament technique. It was found that the intrachamber medicament of a small amount of FC showed sufficently antibacterial effect and low tissue stimulus.
We conclude that the purpose of this study was mostly accomplished by comprehensive investigations which were composed of local anesthesia, rubber dam, ultrasonic endodontic apparatus, endodontic medicament, and root canal filling.
Report (1 results)
Research Products (11 results)