SASAKI Motomichi Hokkaido University, Faculty of Science, 理学部, 教授 (70000817)
NATORI Takashi Hokkaido University, School of Medicine, 医学部, 助手 (00001892)
MORIWAKI Kazuo National Institute of Genetics, 教授 (50000229)
MATSUMOTO Kozo Tokushima University, Faculty of Medicine, 医学部, 助教授 (00002246)
HAYAKAWA Jun-ichiro Kanazawa University, Faculty of Medicine, 医学部, 助教授 (50110622)
|Budget Amount *help
¥11,200,000 (Direct Cost: ¥11,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1987: ¥2,400,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1986: ¥3,900,000 (Direct Cost: ¥3,900,000)
Fiscal Year 1985: ¥4,900,000 (Direct Cost: ¥4,900,000)
1. Morphological: Mandible shape analyses were performed on more than 30 inbred strains of rats. almost all strains were clearly discriminated by this method. A more simple method using discrimination chart faulted to be practical use (Goto).
2. Biochemical: Pg-2, Rtp-1, and Rtp-2 were found to be polymorphic among inbred strains, and to linked with Pg-1, Mup-1, and c, respectively. zi gene was assigned to LG II (Yamada). Procedures for typing Ahd-2, And-C, Akp-1, Gst-1, Hao-1, Pgd, and Tam were established (Matsumoto). Genetic analysis on Ld-1 is proceeding. A beige-like mutation was found in DA strain (Nishimura). A procedure to test Hba locus was established, but no polymorphisms were detected. Genetic analysis on a cataract of the CWS strain is proceesing with mousecrystaline and rat chymotrypsin cDNAs (Shoji). Simple methods for detecting C6, Gc, Gdc, Es-Si, Es-1, and Es-2 were devised (Hayakawa).
3. mtDNA cleavage patterm: 7 types of the cleavage patterns were found among laboratory rats, and the types of many inbred strains were determined (Hayashi).
4. Immunological: A strain of WIN with RT1 recombination was established. RFLPs were found using human Dp- probe (Natori). RFLPs were found using mouse class II genes, A , E , and E probes, and 5 types were found among inbred strains, and 6 types among wild rats (Moriwaki).
5. Somatic cell hybridization and in situ hybridization: GSTP, several onco-genes, and other genes were assigned to chromosomes by these methods (Yoshida). Angiotensinogen gene was assigned on chromosome 19q (Yamada).
6. Cytogenetic: Characterization of Ag-NORs were performed on inbred strains. A precise banding method revealed about 450 bands along with the whole chromosomes (Sasaki).
Gereral: Derivations of many inbred strains of rats in Japan were traced. Genetic profiles of the 63 major strains were determined. Manuals of the several typing procedures were set up. A draft "Manuals for genetic monitoring of the rat" was proposed (all Members).