Grant-in-Aid for General Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
Fine art history
|Research Institution||The National Museum of Art, Osaka |
MURATA Keinosuke (1986) Chief Curator, その他, その他 (10125221)
小倉 忠夫 (1985) 国立国際美術館
TATEHATA Akira Curator, 学芸課, 研究員 (50125217)
SHIOTA Masahiro Curator, 学芸課, 研究員 (40125216)
栄楽 徹 国立国際美術館, 学芸課, 主任研究官 (30125215)
中村 敬治 国立国際美術館, 学芸課, 主任研究官 (70066231)
三木 多聞 国立国際美術館, 館長 (40000377)
EIRAKU Toru Senior Curator
MIKI Tamon Director
NAKAMURA Keiji Senior Curator
|Project Period (FY)
1985 – 1986
Completed (Fiscal Year 1986)
|Budget Amount *help
¥4,700,000 (Direct Cost: ¥4,700,000)
Fiscal Year 1986: ¥1,400,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1985: ¥3,300,000 (Direct Cost: ¥3,300,000)
|Keywords||Calligraphy / Bokusho / Jeste / "Shai" brush work / Informel / Abstract Expressionism / タシスム|
The study arranges the oriental expressions found in the painting in the 20th century in the following manners.
1. Effects of figures on flat ground.
2. Composition with line.
3. Leaning toward fortuity and spontaneity.
4. Monochromatic expression, closely related to the use of sumi ink.
The individual studies are as follows;
1. Correlation between painting and oriental calligraphy.
2. On the meanings of "jeste" of painting, centering on the works by Cy Twombly.
3. Mark Tobey's ascetic practices at a Zen temple in Japan and its influences on his painting.
4. Ideogram in painting, centering on the works by Henri Michaux.
5. Trends in contemporary ink painting in the People's Republic of China.