Studies on mechanism and control of metastasis using the metastasizing tumor line of human gastroenterological cancer
Grant-in-Aid for General Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Kagoshima University |
SHIMAZU Hisaaki(1987) Kagoshima University School of Medicine, 医学部, 教授 (30010242)
加治佐 隆(1985-1986) 鹿大, 医学部, 助教授 (00041400)
AIKOU Takashi Kagoshima University Medical Hospital, 医学部付属病院, 講師 (60117471)
NOMURA Hidehiro Kagoshima University School of Medicine, 医学部, 講師 (00107898)
TAKAO Sonshin Kagoshima University Medical Hospital, 医学部付属病院, 助手 (80171411)
MURAMATSU Takashi Kagoshima University School of Medicine, 医学部, 教授 (00030891)
島津 久明 鹿児島大学, 医学部, 教授 (30010242)
|Project Period (FY)
1985 – 1987
Completed(Fiscal Year 1987)
|Budget Amount *help
¥6,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥6,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1987 : ¥1,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1986 : ¥1,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,700,000)
Fiscal Year 1985 : ¥3,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,500,000)
|Keywords||Gastroenterological cancer / Metastasis / Nude mioe / Glycoprotein / Two-dimensional gel electrophoresis / Lectin statning / レクチンアフィニティクロマトグラフィ / レクチン / レクチンアフィニティクロマトグラフィー / モノクローナル抗体|
The purpose of this report is to study relationship between metastasis and Glycoprotein isolated from the cell surface membrane of human gastroenterological cancer. The following results were obtained from the present study.
1) Seventy-eight out of 167 cases of human gastroenterological cancer were successfully heterotransplanted in nude mice with a 46.7 % take rate. Seventeen out of 78 successful cases yielded both primary and metastatic tumor lines from the same patient. Six out of all tumor lines transplanted subcutaneously showed metastasis in nude mice, and one pulmonary metastasizing tumor line (SCK-29) was established.
2) The biological features, such as grouth rate, CEA production and chemosensitivity, among primary and metastatic tumor line derived from the same patient were observed to be different, that is, the heterogeneity of biological features was demonstrated.
3) Protain profiles revealed by staining with Coomsaaie Blue after two-dimensional gel electrophoresis were found to be characteristic to many kinds of human colorectal cancers and normal mucosal tissues. Comparing these spots,two spots of 35 KD, were found to be present in increased amounts in tumor cells.
4) However, the portein component specificaly found in SCK-29 tumor line was revealed by combining SDS-PAGE and Western blotting followed by RCA-1 and WGA lectin reaction. These bands, which were recognized at the positions corresponding to 118,90,70 and 22 KD by RCA-1 and at the positions corresponding to 69 and 25 KD by WGA, could be isolated by affinity chromatography using respective lectins.
5) Monoclonal antibody MG-1 of IgM( ) class was produced against glycoproteins of cell surface membrane of SCK-29 tumor line extracted by RCA-1 affinity chromatography.
Research Products (5results)