A study on Medical Thermography for Maxillofacial Anesthesia Intergrating Western Medicine with Oriental Medicine.
Grant-in-Aid for General Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Nihon University |
YATSU Mitsuo Nihon University School of Dontistry at Matsudo. Professor., 歯学部, 教授 (80050003)
YOSHIDA Naoto Nihon University School of Dontistry at Matsudo. Assistant., 松戸歯学部, 助手 (50174941)
YOSHIMURA Takuhiro Nihon University School of Dentistry at Matsudo. Assistant., 松戸歯学部, 助手 (90158501)
EGAWA Hiroyuki Nihon University School of Dentistry at Matsudo. Assistant., 松戸歯学部, 助手 (40151964)
SHIBUTANI Koh Nihon University School of Dentistry at Matsudo, Assistant., 松戸歯学部, 助手 (70130523)
YONENAGA Etsuya Nihon University School of Dentistry at Matsudo, Assistant., 松戸歯学部, 助手 (30130636)
|Project Period (FY)
1985 – 1986
Completed (Fiscal Year 1986)
|Budget Amount *help
¥1,600,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,600,000)
Fiscal Year 1986: ¥600,000 (Direct Cost: ¥600,000)
Fiscal Year 1985: ¥1,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,000,000)
|Keywords||Thermogrophy / Psychosedation / Oriental medicine / Acupuncture / 歯学史|
Thermography was employed as one of the objective means for inspection in the field of maxillofacial anesthesia.
1. The facial skin temperatures were measured in order to obtain basic information. They were relatively higher than those in other parts of the body. The changes in brightness were apt to appear within the range of 3゜ C measurement. No fixed trend or patterns were observed as to high and low temperature portions in the maxillofacial region.
2. In observing thermography of the lower part of crus and foot after the subject was given benzodiazepine, the period of temperature rise coincided with the period of clinical effect of the medicine and the degree of sedation. This means that thermographic observation may serve as an indication of psychosedation.
3. In observing thermography of the lower part of crus and foot after the subject was given adrenal cortex hormone having peripheral circulation stimulating effect, we obtained a result suggesting that methylprednisolone had immed
iate effect against hydrocortisone and dexamethasone.
4. In order to clarify some of the effects of acupuncture treatment, laser acupuncture and Korean acupuncture method called Korai Shushishin were utilized in the treatment. Acupuncture treatment on the back of the hand resulted in rising the skin temperature of the other hand, and another treatment on the point called Kiketsu improved abdominal conditions.
5. In observing thermography of the facial skin temperatures of the prognathous patient before and after surgical operations, the differences in temperatures before and after the operations and high or low temperature portions in the face coincided with anesthetized regions.
6. When the surface temperature of a pot called 'Ohaguro-tsubo' was measured by giving cooling load to the surface of the pot, unevenness of the material making up the pot was clearly presented by the heat map obtained by contrasting the values of multi-isothermal indication and those of step indication. This result suggests that thermography may serve as a useful device for evaluating time-honored objects of medico-dental importance. Less
Report (1 results)
Research Products (6 results)