Study for a cell-Recognized Oxygen Transporthr using the Macromolecular Assebly-Embedded Heme
Grant-in-Aid for Developmental Scientific Research
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Waseda University |
TSUCHIDA Eishun Prof., School of Sience anf Engineering, Waseda University, 理工学部, 教授 (90063461)
OHNO Hiroyuki Ast., School of Sci. & Eng.,Waseda University, 理工学部, 助手 (00176968)
CHIBA Akio Prof.,School of Sci. & Eng.,Waseda University, 理工学部, 教授 (50063657)
ITOH Kohichi Prof., Shool of sci. & Neg., Maseda Univestity, 理工学部, 教授 (40008503)
NISHIDE Hiroyuki Prof.,School of Sci. & Eng.,Waseda University, 理工学部, 教授 (90120930)
|Project Period (FY)
1985 – 1987
Completed (Fiscal Year 1987)
|Budget Amount *help
¥15,700,000 (Direct Cost: ¥15,700,000)
Fiscal Year 1987: ¥1,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1986: ¥4,700,000 (Direct Cost: ¥4,700,000)
Fiscal Year 1985: ¥10,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥10,000,000)
|Keywords||Oxygen Transporter / Artificial Re Blood Cell / Macromoleuclar Mssembly / ヘム|
The object of this research is to establish an artifical oxygen transporter, whieh transports sufficient oxygen in a living body without toxicity, with mactomolecular assembly-embedded hems. This study is a basec and debelopmental scientific reseatch in the final stage for practical use as an artificail red blood cell.
1. The system, mainly composed by lipid-heme and polymerzed lipids, was selected to be Prepared as concentrated solution in a large quantity for transfution to samall animals.
2. The heme embedded liposome was a stable with particle size of 400A, and it was strageable for months without aggregation and fusion. Its solotuon property was almost the the same as thet of blood.
3. The oxygen-binding ability in the a concd. solution system was analyzed spectroscopically: its exygen-binding addinity(p1/2) and life-time (<tru>) were 30-40 mmHg and more the 1 day, respectively.
4. Oxygen was arpidly transtrred quantitatively from the macromolecuar assemby-embodded heme to red blood cell.
5. Hemocompatibility was analyzed in vitro through physichemical measutemnts; the negative hemocompatibility was fond for an ordinary physiological method, blood flocuation was homever found in some cares when lagre quantity was contracted. There is ignorable incorporation to macrofarge.
6. The oxygen transfer from the macromojecular assembly-embedded heme to veous bllod was confiramed with a liquid/liwquid artificial luns device: It supplied oxygen and remove carbon dioxide effectively, suggesting concrete oxygen transfer from the atrificial medium to the blood.
7. Circular rest of the artificatl mwdium in dog kidnet clearified the at urine exprcted noemally the transtusion test of the atrificial medium to rabbit belly induced considerable recovety o hypozemis.
8. The transgution test was also conducted in a small animal until 3/4 transfusion. The most edfective macromolecular assembly system was selected to supply efficient oxygen in a blood for a requred period of time.
Report (3 results)
Research Products (29 results)