Research on shaping for severly handicapped children
Grant-in-Aid for Co-operative Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||HIROSHIMA UNIVERSITY |
AGARI Ichiro Faculty of Integrated arts & Sciences, Hiroshima University; Prof., 総合科学部, 教授 (50034559)
SATO Shoji Fuculty of Education, Miyazaki University; Assoc. prof., 教育学部, 助教授 (30107205)
TAKAYAMA Iwao Fuculty of Education, Miyazaki University; Prof., 教育学部, 教授 (60041307)
YAMASHITA Isao Faculty of Education, Fukuoka University; Prof., 教育学部, 教授 (10033549)
KOBAYASHI Shigeo Institute of Special Education, Tukuba University; Prof., 心身障害学系, 教授 (30006902)
HARUKI Yutaka School of Human Sciences, Waseda University; Prof., 人間科学部, 教授 (80063551)
東 正 大分大学, 教育学部, 教授 (30000293)
|Project Period (FY)
1986 – 1988
Completed (Fiscal Year 1988)
|Budget Amount *help
¥6,900,000 (Direct Cost: ¥6,900,000)
Fiscal Year 1988: ¥1,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1987: ¥2,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1986: ¥3,400,000 (Direct Cost: ¥3,400,000)
|Keywords||Severely handicapped children / Operant method / Social skill training / Treatment and education / 治療教育 / 行動療法 / ソーシャル・スキル・トレーニング / 治療教育・行動療法 / 重度心身障害児 / リーシャル・スキル・トレーニング / 言語形成 / ワシントン法 / ダウン症児|
1. Investigation of treatment and education for severely handicapped children.
(1)There were no definite methods of treatment and education for the severely handicapped children and usually many kinds of methods were employed together.
(2)Effectiveness of operant technique were confirmed throughout this investigation.
2. Theoretical approaches of shaping for severely handicapped children.
(1)Schedules of reinforcement and choice of reinforcements were essentials.
(2)Ratio schedule was more effectiveness than interval schedule and the ratio schedule showed grater resistance to extinciton.
(3)In general, foods were useful as a positive primary reinforcer.
(4)The possibility of using sensory stimulus was suggested. However, it was difficult to transform a primary reinforcer to secondly reinforcer.
(5)The reinforcer consisted of smiling, eyes contact and verbalization was effective.
3. Examination of language acquisition of mentally retarded children. An experimental study was conducted to investigate the mentally retarded children's mand acquisition processes. The results suggested that setting up appropriate training phases was very important and the free operant method is quite effective.
4. Treatment and education for Down syndrome children. Early stage interventions in Down syndrome children were carried out using University of Washington programme and effects of the programme were found. However, long term follow up should be done to maintain the effects.
5. Short term intensive training for handicapped children. One-week intensive training camp for handicapped children was conducted and the efficiency and limitation was examined.
Report (4 results)
Research Products (23 results)