NISHIDA Harufumi Department of Physical Education. International Budo University : Assistant, 体育学部, 助手 (30164560)
UEDA Kunihiko Department of Bio-Sciences, Osaka Prefectural University : Assistant, 総合科学部, 助手 (60184925)
KADONO Yasuo Department of General Education, Assistant Kobe University, 教養部, 助手 (90127358)
YAMASHITA Takashi Faculty of Science, Ochanomizu Women's University: Associate Professor, 理学部, 助教授 (50011606)
TAMURA Micho Faculty of Science, Kobek University: Professor, 理学部, 教授 (00029646)
|Budget Amount *help
¥5,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥5,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1987: ¥1,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1986: ¥4,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥4,000,000)
1. Nishida, N. found out several fructifications from the Upper Cretaceous of Hokkaido. As for coniferous cones, he recognized 3 new genera, Parataiwania, Paraglyptostrobus and Yezosequoia, of the Taxodiaceae, cedroid and pinoid cones of the Pinaceae, and two genera of the Cupressaceae. As for fruit of the dicotyledonae, he examined a mysterious fruit bearing a suture in the yentral side and only one seed. Theis seed is the largest one found from the Cretaceous so far.
2. Tamura considered about floral anatomy, especially carpels, of the Polycarpicae to which Protomonimia seems to belong.
3. Yamashita examined embryogenese, especially development of the root, of the Gramineae and Commerinales and gave a lecture in the simposium of the Botanical Congress held at July, 1987 in Berlin.
4. Kadono studied co-evolution between flower and insect and considered pollination-ecology of the fossil plants. He also speculated pollination pattern of Protomonimia through the studies mentioned above.
5. Ueda considered geography of the Polycarpicae. He thought the Monimiaceae with which Protomonimia seems to have affinities would be one of the elements of Gondwana land andd discussed on the significance of existance of Protomonimia in the Northern hemisphere.
6. Nishida, M. reconstructed gross morphology and floral vasculature of Protomonimia (Nishida, H. and M. Nishida, 1988,in press).