Molecular desighn of regulatory system
Grant-in-Aid for Co-operative Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||University of Tsukuba |
AIBA Hiroji Department of Chemistry, University of Tsukuba, 化学系, 助教授 (20025662)
HANDA Hiroshi Faculty fo Medicine, University of Tokyo, 医学部, 助教授 (80107432)
ISHII Shunsuke Tsukuba Life Science Center, The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research, 研究員 (00124785)
OHSHIMA Yasumi Department of Biology, Kyushu University, 理学部, 教授 (90037606)
MIZUMOTO Kiyohisa The Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, 医科学研究所, 助教授 (80092344)
NAKAMURA Yoshikazu The Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, 医科学研究所, 助教授 (40114590)
|Project Period (FY)
1986 – 1987
Completed (Fiscal Year 1987)
|Budget Amount *help
¥20,200,000 (Direct Cost: ¥20,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1987: ¥9,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥9,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1986: ¥11,200,000 (Direct Cost: ¥11,200,000)
|Keywords||regulation of transcription initiation / regulation of transcription termination / regulation of replication / regulation of splicing / regulatory sequence / regulatory protein / 分子デザイン / スプライシング調節 / 核酸調節配列|
1. The analysis of rpoH transcripts showed that the increased level of sigma-32 upon heat shock is due to the increased synthesis of rpoH mRNA.
2. Artifical promoters in which the transcription can be regulated by cAMP-CRP are created by inserting a synthetic CRP recognition sequence randomly in non-promoter region.
3. Regulatory sequences in the human Harvey rasl proto-oncogene promoter region were identified.
4. It was shown that the 1-crystallin enhancer is an essential and major determinant for lens-specificity of 1-crystallin expression.
5. NusA was shown to cause pausing of RNA polymerase at specific sites and to enhance termination of transcription.
6. The replication of Bacillus subtilis chromosome was shown to be regulated by the interaction of DnaA protein and its recognition sequence.
7. The genes for mRNA capping enzymes of yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae were cloned and analuzed.
8. The physical map of the whole E. coli chromosome was established by wsung a new strategy for rapid analysis and sorting of a large genomic library.
9. It was shown that SecY protein contains 10 reansmembrane segments, 5 periplasmically exposed parts, and 6 cytoplasmic regions.
Report (2 results)
Research Products (17 results)