Experimental Research of Choledocholithiosis Using Electrohydraulic Shock Wave Lithoclast
Grant-in-Aid for General Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||ST. MARIANNA UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE |
MIYAMOTO Hideo ST.MARIANNA UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE, 医学部, 助手 (50182051)
SAWAOKA Akira RESERCH LABORATORY OF ENGINNERING MATERIALS TOKYO INSTIVITE OF TECHNOLOGY PRDFFE, 工業材料研究所, 教授 (40029468)
TAKAKUWA Toshifumi ST.MARIANNA UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE, 医学部, 助教授 (90121201)
GOCHO Koji ST.MARIANNA UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE, 医学部, 助教授 (30139654)
牛込 新一郎 聖マリアンナ医科大学, 医学部, 教授 (70081643)
|Project Period (FY)
1986 – 1987
Completed (Fiscal Year 1987)
|Budget Amount *help
¥5,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥5,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1987: ¥1,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1986: ¥4,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥4,000,000)
|Keywords||Electrohydraulic Shock Wave / シュリーレシ写真 / シュリーレン写真|
OUTLINE OF REPORT ON STUDY RESULT Basic experiments have been performed for the purpose of safer applications of electrohydraulic Lithotriptor used for cholangioscopic lithotomy. The currently used equipment has been developed for urological clinic, and it would be sufficient for basic review in cholangioscopic system, therefore, we have performed physical and histological reviews.
1. By the use of Schlieren recording, shock wave was detected visually, and the passage or reflection at the metal or tissuse has been checked experimentally.
2. Experimental model of tissue-damage was prepared, and one-directionality in tissuse-damage by discharging electrode has been clarified for the first time. Moreover, a big difference of the damage degree has been clarified by the distance between the tip of electrode and the tissue.
3. The pressure generated by underwater electrohydraulic discharge has been quantified by the use of a sensor. As a result, in the use of this equipment, we have found that
the pressure about 100-atmospheric level was generated at the tip of electrode, and it has been suddenly attenuated to less than 1/2 when detaching from it about 5mm.
4. Comparative review has been made on the results obtained by quantification with pressure-sensor and by the model of tissue-damage, thereby, similar directionality has been confirmed.
5. Constancy of pressure generated by discharging electrode has been reviewed, a slight difference in pressure at each time of discharge has been clarified even under the same conditions, and sometimes, it was clarified to have generated the remarkable pressure over twice higher than mean value.
6. We have manufactured an electrode with its tip made of silver tungsten with higher resistance than that used now, thereby, we are making physical and histological reviews again.
Based on the influences on biological tissues and basic characteristics, hereafter, we would like to make efforts for safer and more efficient uses of cholagioscopic lithotomy by electrohydraulic shock wave and for more popular and wider uses of this system. Less
Report (2 results)
Research Products (4 results)