Test system for language production and comprehension disorders assisted by analyzing and discriminating brain active information
Grant-in-Aid for Developmental Scientific Research
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||University of Tokyo |
ITOH Kenji University of Tokyo, Faculty of Medicine, 医学部, 助手 (80010106)
KOSHIDA Ichiro Tokyo University of Engineering Science., 講師 (00192055)
FUKUDA Masato University of Tokyo, Faculty of Medicine, 医学部, 医員
HIRAMATSU Kennichi University of Tokyo, Faculty of Medicine, 医学部, 助手
NIWA Shinichi University of Tokyo, Faculty of Medicine, 医学部, 助手 (30110703)
末広 直樹 東京工科大学, 工学部, 助教授 (00114512)
斎藤 治 東京大学, 医学部, 医員
|Project Period (FY)
1986 – 1987
Completed (Fiscal Year 1987)
|Budget Amount *help
¥6,400,000 (Direct Cost: ¥6,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1987: ¥1,600,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,600,000)
Fiscal Year 1986: ¥4,800,000 (Direct Cost: ¥4,800,000)
|Keywords||Even-related potentials / Context effect / Neural circuit / Speech-related potentials / Language comprehension / Verbal behavior disorders / P300 / N400|
1. Data of sentence speech and the speech-related potentials were recorded simul- taneously for normals as well as schizophrenics to apply verbal data on dichotic detection tasks in which ansers, reaction times and evoked potentials were measur- ed.
2. Some critical points on the sentence speech including initiations of consonant bursts, voice onset/offset times and formant transitions were identified for cross- correlational analysis between speech and the EEGs.
3.Disk files of sentence speech as well as visual text materials with context effects at various levels made by interchanging phrases, words, syllables, etc. between two different sentences but with the same syntactiv structure.
4. The graphic display for editing as well as presenting visual text data was attached to the on-line system of measuring and processing EEGs with the above pro- grams to make it possible to edit sentence speech data on the graphic display as well as to present visual text stimuli.
5. The opptional frame memory for the graphic display was added to the assist system for analyzing and discriminating brain active information for exphanding the system performance up to nonverbal as well as verbal congnitive data processing.
6. The system was used in clinical experiments on normals as well as psychiatric patients, especially schizophrenics with language production and comprehension dis- orders to check clinical problems in verbal and nonverbal tasks by auditory as well as visual presentation.
7. The assist system for testing language production and comprehension disorders was completed through clinical diagnostic experiments in which the data obtained by the system were compared with the past data in the files.
Further clinical experiments with more higher cognitive tgasks are necessary as well as some system evaluation from the viewpoint of brain theory.
Report (2 results)
Research Products (19 results)