Grant-in-Aid for Co-operative Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Kobe Univ., Faculty of Engg. |
IWATA Kazuaki Kobe Univ., Faculty of Engg., Prof., 工学部, 教授 (30031066)
MORIWAKI Toshimichi Kobe Univ., Faculty of Engg., Prof., 工学部, 教授 (00031104)
FURUKAWA Yuji Tokyo Metropolitan Univ., Faculty of Engg., Prof., 工学部, 教授 (10087190)
ITO Yoshimi Tokyo Institute of Tech., Faculty of Engg., Prof., 工学部, 教授 (60016441)
YOSHIDA Yoshitaro Chiba Univ., Faculty of Engg., Prof., 工学部, 教授 (80174960)
SAITO Katsumasa Hokkaido Univ., Faculty of Engg., Prof., 工学部, 教授 (40001169)
|Project Period (FY)
1987 – 1988
Completed (Fiscal Year 1988)
|Budget Amount *help
¥11,900,000 (Direct Cost: ¥11,900,000)
Fiscal Year 1988: ¥5,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥5,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1987: ¥6,400,000 (Direct Cost: ¥6,400,000)
|Keywords||CIM / Manufacturing Systems / Knowledge Acqisition / Knowledge Representation / エキスパートシステム / 知識ベース / 経験則 / ノウハウ / 金型加工 / 組立工程 / 知識ベース生産システム|
In this co-operative research, knowledge acquisition and knowledge representation in manufacturing have been studied aimed at the integration and automation of intelligent information processing in the CIM (Computer Integrated Manufacturing) system. The results are summarized as follows:
(1) The present status of the art in the knowledge acquisition and knowledge representation techniques was investigated and analyzed.
(2) The thinking flow of experienced designers was investigated in the design process of the main spindles of machine tools, in order to realize an intelligent design system for machine tools.
(3) The information processing in the basic design of machine tools was studied, and it was found that the rules and the frames were applicable in the basic design phase of machine tools.
(4) The knowledge needed in the process planning of machine products was analyzed, and it was clarified that an interface was required between the experienced process planners and the intelligent proc
ess planning systems.
(5) In order to develop a knowledge based process planning system for the precision products, knowledge needed in the machining of mold dies was investigated, and a prototype system was proposed to determine the finishing process for the mold dies.
(6) An expert system was proposed, which plans suitable inspection sequences for the prismatic parts and the cylindrical parts, aimed at developing a knowledge based inspection planning system.
(7) A knowledge based integrated production scheduling system was developed on the basis of the knowledge concerning the production control and scheduling.
(8) The knowledge base and the data base for process planning were integrated, and a knowledge based process planning system was developed, which generates suitable process plans from the part model designed in the CAD systems.
Through the research works mentioned above, it had been clarified that the present status of knowledge acquisition and knowledge representation techniques do not have enough capabilities to utilize the knowledge needed in CIM system. Therefore, further research works should be carried out in this field. Less