Grant-in-Aid for international Scientific Research
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Ehime University |
OGINO Kazuhiko Col. of Agric. , Ehime Univ., 農学部, 教授 (90026394)
アリー ブディマン ボゴール動物博物館, 研究員
スハルジョノ ボゴール植物標本館, 研究員
アプリラニ スギアルト インドネシア科学院, 副総裁
スバギオ スモディハルジ インドネシア海洋研究所, 主任研究員
チット コンセンチャイ タイ王立森林局, 研究官
ピハ゜ット ハ゜タナポンハ゜イ チュラロンコン大学, 理学部, 助教授
サンカ゛ サハ゜シ タイ国科学エネルギー省, 次官
MURAO Koichi Col. of Agric. , Ehime Univ., 農学部, 助教授 (50012076)
BABA Shigeyuki Fac. of Agric. , Univ. of the Ryukyus, 農学部, 助手 (30117585)
NISHIMURA Kazuo Fac. of Agric. , Kyoto Univ., 農学部, 助手 (50135547)
OMORI Koji Fac. of Sci. , Ehime Univ., 理学部, 助手 (10152258)
MASUDA Misa Fac. of Agric. , Tsukuba Univ., 農林, 講師 (70192747)
MORIYA Hitoshi Fac. of Agric. , Kagawa Univ., 農学部, 助手 (50150371)
MASUDA Shinya Fac. of Agric. , Tokyo Univ. of Agriculture, 農学部, 講師 (50078218)
KOMIYAMA Akira Fac. of Agric. , Gifu Univ., 農学部, 助手 (60135184)
NINOMIYA Ikuo Col. of Agric. , Ehime Univ., 農学部, 助教授 (80172732)
SABHASRI Sanga Ministry of Sci. Tech. and Energy, Thailand
SUHARDJONO Center for Res. and Development in Biology, Indonesia
PATANAPONPAIBOON Pipat Fac. of Sci. , Chulalongkorn Univ. , Thailand
SOEGIARTO Aprilani Indonesian Institute of Science
SOEMODIHARDJO Subagjo Center for Res. and Development in Oceanology, Indonesia
BUDIMAN Arie Center for Res. and Development in Biology, Indonesia
KONGSANGCHAI Jitt Royal Forest Department, Thailand
|Project Period (FY)
1988 – 1990
Completed (Fiscal Year 1990)
|Budget Amount *help
¥30,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥30,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1990: ¥10,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥10,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1989: ¥12,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥12,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1988: ¥8,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥8,500,000)
|Keywords||Mangrove ecosystem / Biological process / Regulation system / Ecosystem rehabilitation / Root system / Benthos / Ecophysiology / Socioecosystem|
In order to clarify the biological process and regulation system of mangrove ecosystem in Asia and Pacific region the field research and experiment were carried out from 1988 to 1990. Water quality, soil property, root system, species composition, stand structure, benthos community, and socio-economic structure were studied in Ranong, Nakorn Sri Thammarat in Thailand, Cilacap, Gilimanuk, Pontianak, Riau in Indonesia, Kamau in Vietnam and Daintree R., Hintinbrook Is, Townsville in Australia. The results obtained from the research and experiment was summarized as follows ;
(1) Poor growth caused by poor nutrient in the soil was confirmed in the plantation after tin mining.
(2) Root development in the plantation after clear felling was less promoted by lower oxygen availability due to reductive condition. Highly reductive soil was formed in shrimp pond. The effect of clear felling resulted in the redox potential in the soil.
(3) The regional climate, and tidal pattern between west and east c
oast of peninsula Thailand could possibly be a reason of the huge root accumulation in the west coast.
(4) Under arid climate, the tree growth were less vigorous probably due to high salinity caused by rapid evaporation of seawater. The zonation of not only species composition but stand structure was developed.
(5) The growth of mangroves was mainly affected by salinity of soil water rather than surface water.
(6) The barrows dug by benthos contributed the oxygen supply into the soil and possibly promoted the root development.
(7) The hydroponic experiment of different seawater strength disclosed salt tolerance of mangroves showed a species characteristics.
(8) Photosynthetic rate decreased with raising salinity and in fresh water as well. The salinity level of the maximum photosynthetic rate of a certain species corresponded to the habitat.
(9) The socio-economic structure in mangrove dwellers in Cilacap seemed to be recently organized and different from that of traditional terrestrial community in Java at large.
(10) The concept of "Socioecosystem" revealed the usefulness in analysis and synthesis of mangrove ecosystem in a ecosystem rehabilitation context. Less