Studies on the Structure of Currents in the Tsushima/Korea Strait
Grant-in-Aid for international Scientific Research
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Kyushu University |
MITSUYASU Hisashi Res. Inst. Appl. Mech. , Kyushu Univ., 応用力学研究所, 教授 (30038533)
光昜 恒 (1990) 九州大学, 応用力学研究所, 教授
KIM Kuh Seoul National Univ., 教授
崔 秉昊 サンキュンクァン大学, 教授
ANN Hi-Do Korea Ocean Research and Development Institute, 室長
張 善徳 国立釜山水産大学, 教授
李 興宰 韓国海洋研究所, 部長
〓 相慶 韓国海洋研究所, 室長
OUCHI Yasunori Fukuoka Prefectural Fisheries Experimental Station, 研究一課長
朴 炳權 韓国海洋研究所, 所長
HANZAWA Yoichi Nagasaki Marine Observatory, 海洋課長
ISOBE Atsuhiko Shimonoseki. Univ. of Fisheries, 助手
TAWARA Satoru Shimonoseki Univ. of Fisheries, 教授
尹 宗煥 九州大学, 応用力学研究所, 助教授 (80111459)
MIZUNO Shinjiro Res. Inst. Appl. Mech. , Kyushu Univ., 応用力学研究所, 助教授 (80033835)
KANEKO Arata Inter. Grad. School of Eng. Sci. , Kyushu Univ., 総合理工学研究科, 助教授 (10038101)
KOTERAYAMA Wataru Res. Inst. Appl. Mech. , Kyushu Univ., 応用力学研究所, 教授 (80038562)
HONJI Hiroyuki Inter. Grad. School of Eng. Sci. , Kyushu Univ., 総合理工学研究科, 教授 (80038538)
TAKEMATSU Masaki Res. Inst. Appl. Mech. , Kyushu Univ., 応用力学研究所, 教授 (50038535)
KAWATATE Kazuo Res. Inst. Appl. Mech. , Kyushu Univ., 応用力学研究所, 教授 (40038534)
YOON Jong-Hwan Res. Inst. Appl. Mech. , Kyushu Univ.
CHANG Sun-Duck National Fisheries Univ. of Pusan
CHOI Byung-Ho Sung Kyun Kwan Univ.
PARK Byong-Kwon Korea Ocean Research and Development Institute
LIE Heung-Jae Korea Ocean Research and Development Institute
BYUN Sang-Kyung Korea Ocean Research and Development Institute
|Project Period (FY)
1988 – 1990
Completed (Fiscal Year 1990)
|Budget Amount *help
¥7,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥7,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1990: ¥2,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1989: ¥2,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1988: ¥2,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,500,000)
|Keywords||Tsushima / Korea Strait / Tsushima Warm Current / Japan Sea / Current observation / Acoustic Doppler current profiler / Moored Current meter / Submarine cable|
The Japanese climate and the fishing grounds in the Japan Sea are greatly controlled by the variability of currents in the Tsushima/Korea Strait. In this study, currents in the Tsushima Strait have been extensively measured by means of the towed ADCP, moored current meters and submarine cable in cooperation with Japan and Korea. The main results are summarized as follows :
(1) The volume transport of the Tsushima Current in September was 1.7Sv (1Sv=1x10^6m^3/s) for the western channel and 0.6Sv for the eastern channel.
(2) The bottom water around the Tsushima Trough flowed in the opposite direction to the Tsushima Current. It is concluded that this bottom water is originated from the Japan Sea Proper Water.
(3) The harmonic constants of tide in the observation site were determined from the results of the repeated ADCP surveys. The tidal component included in the raw ADCP data was successfully detected using the harmonic constants.
(4) The moored current meter data showed that the Tsushima Current, semidiurnal tidal current and diurnal tidal current coexist with the same magnitude in the eastern channel of the Tsushima Strait.
(5) It was found that the electric voltage in the submarine cable connectiing Hamada and Pusan changes in parallel with the variation of the overlying Tsushima Current. The submarine cable may be a powerful tool to monitor the volume transport of the Tsushima Current over a long period.
The successive cooperation between Japan and Korea is now recommended to make a further progress on the oceanographic research of the Tsushima Strait and its adjacent seas.
Report (1 results)
Research Products (12 results)