Construction and Implementation of Mathematics Curriculum for Secondary Education in the Information Age
Grant-in-Aid for Co-operative Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Meiji University (1990)|
The University of Tokyo (1988-1989)
FUJITA Hiroshi Meiji Univ. Mathematics Professor, 理工学部, 教授 (80011427)
HOSOI Tsutomu Tokyo Science Univ. Mathematics, Professor, 理工学部, 教授 (30055305)
MORIMOTO Mituo Sophia Univ. Mathematics, Professor, 理工学部, 教授 (80053677)
MIWA Tatsro Tukuba Univ. Math. Education Professor, 教育学系, 教授 (70030278)
IITAK Sigeru Gakushuin Univ. Mathematics, Professor, 理学部, 教授 (20011588)
SAWADA Tosio National Inst. of Education Center of Science Education Director, センター長 (40000062)
寺田 文行 早稲田大学, 理工学部, 教授 (30063324)
|Project Period (FY)
1988 – 1990
Completed (Fiscal Year 1990)
|Budget Amount *help
¥8,600,000 (Direct Cost: ¥8,600,000)
Fiscal Year 1990: ¥2,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1989: ¥2,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1988: ¥3,600,000 (Direct Cost: ¥3,600,000)
|Keywords||Mathematics Education / Information age / Curriculum / Mathematical Literacy / Mathematical Thinking / Computers / Entrance Examination / 情報化 / CAI / ICAI / 新指導要領 / コンピュータ / 学校数学 / 大学初年級 / 数学的リテラシー / コア・オプション型カリキュラム / 国際的|
The following are the result of our research.
In countries like Japan where high technology prevails and the society is moving into the information age,
1. Cultivation of mathematical intelligence should be the purpose of mathematics education.
2. The actual targets of mathematics education toward mathematical intelligence should be a good combination of enhancement of mathematical thinking ability and fostering of mathematical literacy.
3. Some flexible structure of the mathematics curriculum is necessary. In this connection, the strategy of the coreーandーoptions type of the national curriculum is promising.
4. In order to build up mathematics education oriented for mathematics literacy, study of text books, teaching methods and assessments are urgent.
5. Study is also urgent with the university entrance examinations given by the Center of Entrance Examination and by individual universities, for the choice of options by high schools is strongly influenced by the entrance examination.
6. Proper use of computers for high school mathematics should be studied and implemented from various points of view.
Report (4 results)
Research Products (34 results)