Grant-in-Aid for General Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Japan|
YAMASHITA Hiroshi UOEH, Physiology, Professor, 医学部, 教授 (00030841)
OSAKA Toshimasa UOEH, Physiology, Assistant, 医学部, 助手 (30152101)
INENAGA Kiyotoshi UOEH, Physiology, Lecturer, 医学部, 講師 (90131903)
KANNAN Hirohi UOEH, Physiology, Associate professor, 医学部, 助教授 (00049058)
|Project Period (FY)
1988 – 1990
Completed(Fiscal Year 1990)
|Budget Amount *help
¥7,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥7,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1990 : ¥1,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1989 : ¥2,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1988 : ¥3,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,500,000)
|Keywords||Brain slice preparation / Neuropeptides / Neurosecretory neuron / Anestetized cat and rat / Neural network / Conscious rat / Renal sympathetic nerve activity / 腎交感神経 / 体液・循環調節 / 神経回路網の解析 / 自律神経活動 / 脳スライス実験 / 胃からの求心性入力 / エンドセリン / セロトニン / 水分調節 / 自律神経系 / 中枢内神経回路 / 脳スライス / 視床下部 / 化学感受性ニューロン|
1. BRat hypothalamic slice preparation :
(1) Atrial Natriuretic Polypeptide (ANP) depressed Angiotensin II (AII) induced excitation of neurons in the Subfornical Organ(SFO).
(2) Cortisol had an inhibitory effect on neurons in the parvocellular division of the Paraventricular Nucleus (PVN) in adrenalectomized rats.
(3) TRH excited PVN neurons. PVN neurons were sensitive to TRH at low concentration (10^<-10>M)
(4) Kappa-selective opioid receptor agonist inhibited both Vasopressin (AVP) and Oxytocin (OT) neurons, while delta- and mu-receptor agonists inhibited selectively OT neurons in the supraoptic nucleus (SON).
(5) Brain natriuretic peptide inhibited AVP neurons in the SON and in the region of the anteroventral Third Ventricle (AV3V).
2. BAnalysis of neural network involved in water homeostasis and effects of neuropeptides under anestetized cats and rats :
(1) Activation of the POMn, OVLT, and the SFO neurons mainly inhibited the PVN neurons in the cat.
(2) Thirty percent of both neurosecretory and non-neurosecretory neurons in the PVN were osmosensitive in the rat.
(3) Activation of vagal gastric afferents excited OT neurons and inhibited AVP neurons in the rat PVN. And central noradrenergic projection is involved in the gastric afferent pathway.
3. Effects of centrally administered neuropeptides on sympathetic nerve activity in conscious rats :
(1) Intracerebroventricular (i. c. v.) administration of AII evoked an increase in arterial blood pressure (ABP) and decreases in Heart Rate (HT) and Renal Sympathetic Nerve Activity (RSNA).
(2) The pressure response induced by i. c. v. AII was attenuated by prior i. c. v. administration of ANP but no significant effects of ANP was observed on the bradycardia and inhibition of RSNA by i. c. v. AII.
(3) I. c. v. administration of endothelin evoked an increase in ABP and decrease in HR and RSNA.