Educational Programs of Science Experiments for Non-Science-Major Students of Teacher Training Course
Grant-in-Aid for General Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Tokyo Gakugei University |
TERATANI Shousuke (1989-1990) Tokyo Gakugei Univ. Science Education Professor, 教育学部, 教授 (60087533)
田矢 一夫 (1988) 東京学芸大学, 教育学部, 教授 (80014794)
OGAWA Haruo Tokyo Gakugei Univ. Science Education Associate Prof., 教育学部, 助教授 (10134769)
WATANABE Kenju Tokyo Gakugei Univ. Science Education Professor, 教育学部, 教授 (40092473)
TAYA Kazuo Bunkyou Univ. Science Education Professor, 教育学部, 教授 (80014794)
中道 淳一 桐朋中学校, 教諭
寺谷 敞介 東京学芸大学, 教育学部, 教授 (60087533)
|Project Period (FY)
1988 – 1990
Completed (Fiscal Year 1990)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,200,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1990: ¥100,000 (Direct Cost: ¥100,000)
Fiscal Year 1989: ¥400,000 (Direct Cost: ¥400,000)
Fiscal Year 1988: ¥1,700,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,700,000)
|Keywords||Science Experiments / Safe Education / Practice Skill / Package of Chemical Experiments / Combustion / Flame / Battery / 発火実験 / 溶解 / 測定値の精度 / 化学実験パッケ-ジ / 反応速度 / アボガドロ定数 / 安全教育ビデオ / 理科実験プログラム / 化学実験 / 酸化 / パソコン|
We have developed educational programs of science experiments for non-science-major students of teacher training course.
1. Safe education program is needed for the students of teacher training course, because the new guideline of the national curriculum emphasizes doing scientific experiments. We made a video teaching material that demonstrates intentionally unsafe treatments when making a saturated sodium chloride aqueous solution. Students anticipated the unsafe treatments and examined them before and after display of the video material, respectively. Adequate treatments were discussed when replaying the video material. This type of safe education stimulated non-science-major students as well as science-major students.
In order to test practice skill of students of teacher training course, "Decomposition of Sodium Bicarbonate" program was made and tested.
2. Science experiments for non-science-major students was proposed and revised after practice. One of them is "Combustion -Consider the reaction conditions-" and another is "Precision and Accuracy-Consider the meaning of experimental values-".
3. Package of chemical experiments has been studied that you can experience how to explore the scientific concept. "Battery" and "Flame" packages were designed and revised after practice.
4. Arrangement of each chemical experiment of the package depends on the aim of study. Instructors (seniors) came to a similar arrangement after several times of practice. Instructor performance can be evaluated by the arrengement of chemical experiments of the package.
5. "Reaction Rate" and "Avogadro Constant" experiment programs have been developed as chemistry laboratory course for science-major students. These programs were effective for non-science-major students, although they required much time for introduction.
Report (4 results)
Research Products (15 results)