1990 Fiscal Year Final Research Report Summary
Chemical Reaction in Medium-Density Argon
Grant-in-Aid for General Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Kyoto University |
YOSHIMURA Yosuke Kyoto University, Faculty of Science, Assistant -> 京都大学, 理学部, 助手 (10192428)
|Project Period (FY)
1989 – 1990
|Keywords||Fluid / Argon / Chemical Reaction / Solvent Effect / Statistical Mechanics / High Pressure|
1. Experimental Studies.
(1) We made apparatus by which we can measure the UV-visible absorption up to 200 MPa. Argon is compressed by the compressor driven by oil pressure (HydroPac, C-30-0.50-2CX).
(2) We studied in argon (i) Keto-enol tautomeric equilibrium reaction of b-diketones and (ii) the dimerization equilibrium reaction of 2-methyl-2-mitrosopropane. Especially we carried out the experiments on the Keto-enol equilibrium reaction of ethyl acetylacetone in carbon dioxide and R-23, as well as argon, and get the following results : (i) Solvent effect is large in the low density region and (ii) argon shows the opposite effect to carbon dioxide and R-23. Although a more advanced study is needed to interpret the behavior in medium and high density region, the behavior in the low density region was explained by considering the difference of the nature of solute-solvent interaction.
2. Theoretical Studies.
(1) Chemical reaction in the modelled one-dimensional fluid : It was clarified that the behavior of the dimerization equilibrium constant of the real system is roughly reproduced by the simple one-dimensional model with nearest-neighbor interaction.
(2) Physico-chemical properties of one-dimensional fluids : A better understanding on the negative thermal expansion of fluids was promoted. It was clarified that the negative thermal expansion is originated from soft repulsive interaction between molecules.
(3) Chemical reaction in medium density region on the basis of the integral equation method : We carried out the calculation on the simple model for three dimensional fluids in which the molecules interact by Lennard-Jones potential, on the basis of the integral equation method. It was clarified that various phenomena will be shown by the potential parameters enen in the simple fluid system.
Research Products (8 results)