1994 Fiscal Year Final Research Report Summary
Nuclear physics with strangeness
Grant-in-Aid for Co-operative Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||KYOTO UNIVERSITY |
IMAI Kenichi Kyoto Univ., Fac.of Science, Professor -> 京都大学, 理学部, 教授 (70025493)
TAMAE Tadaaki Tohoku Univ., Fac.of Science, Professor, 理学部, 助教授 (10124174)
HAYANO Ryugo The Univ.of Tokyo, Fac, of.Science, Professor, 大学院・理学系研究科, 助教授 (30126148)
EJIRI Hiroyasu Osaka Univ., Fac.of Science, Professor, 理学部, 教授 (80013374)
NAKAI Kouji National Lab.for High Energy, Professor, 教授 (40028155)
MASAIKE Akira Kyoto Univ., Fac.of Science, Professor, 理学部, 教授 (40022587)
|Project Period (FY)
1992 – 1994
|Keywords||strangeness / hypernuclei / hyperon / nuclei / nuclear force / SU(3)symmetry|
Through many workshops on the various topics and symposiumsin the strangeness nuclear physics, we have obtained the following results ;
1) The LAMBDA shell energy levels have been studied by (pi+, KAPPA+)spectroscopy of the LAMBDA-hypernuclei upto the Pb nuclei.
2) The method of gammaspectroscopy of LAMBDA-hypernuclei has been investigated and R&D of the various gamma-detectors are in progress.
3) The cross section for SIGMA+p elastic scattering has been measured with a scintillating fiber detector and this new method is proved quite useful to study hyperon-nucleon interaction through scattering experiments.
4) The methods to improve the statistics of the double hypernuclei have been investigated and two experimental plans, a new hybrid-emulsion method and decay-pi-spectroscopy with a cylindrical chamber, are made and proposed to BNL and KEK.
5) The accelerator and beam line for the strangeness nuclear physics have been discussed and we summarize our future plan, which is an important part of the future plan of Japanese nuclear and hadron physics.
Research Products (8 results)