1994 Fiscal Year Final Research Report Summary
DEVELOPMENT OF INFORMATION EXCHANGE SYSTEM IN JAPANESE LABORATORY ANIMAL GENE RESOURCES FOR INTERNATIAL CONTRIBUTION
Grant-in-Aid for Co-operative Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||KYUSHU UNIVERSITY |
HANDA Sumio KYUSHU UNIV.FACULTY.MED.PROFESSOR -> 九州大学, 医学部, 教授 (50037503)
HAYAKAWA Jun-itirou KANAZAWA UNIV.FACULTY.MED.PROFESSOR, 医学部, 教授 (50110622)
KASAI Noriyuki TOHOKU UNIV.FACULTY.MED.PROFESSOR, 医学部, 教授 (60001947)
TOYODA Yutaka TOKYO UNIV.INST.MED.SCI.PROFESSOR, 医科学研究所, 教授 (90050418)
KUROSAWA Tsutomu OSAKA UNIV.MED.SCHOOL.ASSOC.PROFESSOR, 医学部, 助教授 (60129997)
MORIWAKI Kazuo FUKUYAMA UNIV.FACULTY ENGINEERING.PROFESSOR, 工学部, 教授 (50000229)
|Project Period (FY)
1992 – 1994
|Keywords||LABORATORY ANIMAL / DATABASE / INTERNATIONAL USE / TRANSGENIC ANIMAL / INTERNET / DATA OF LABORATORY ANIMAL STRAINS MAINTAINED / FROZEN EMBRYO|
The purpose of this project at the commencement ;
1. To input the published laboratory animal strain data, to search laboratory animal strains maintained and to develop the database.
2. To collect information of frozen embryo and to dvelop the database.
3. To develop the system with which the database search can be readily done and the input and renewal of data can be readily done by the data providers.
Initially to supply these system in a floppy to researchers and to collect information with the developed system.
4. Finally, the database is internationally opened to public on the Internet.
5. The data of some special strains of laboratory animals are provide as multimedia data including video images.
Due to the recommendation by the Management and Coordination Agency in 1992 after its administration inspection, the unification of four independent database projects by different ministries should be promoted. The repersentatives of four projects discussed to unify the projects. After the agreement four representatives, . the project reached to the goal. The continuous effort to maintain the database is strongly recommended due to the importance of continuity of the database.
Research Products (14 results)