1994 Fiscal Year Final Research Report Summary
On the fine balance with displacement sensor
Grant-in-Aid for Developmental Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Tokyo Nationl College of Technology |
YOSHIMURA Yasuo TOKYO NATIONAL COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY,Department of mechanical Engineering, Prof. -> 東京工業高等専門学校, 機械工学科, 教授 (20042682)
SHIMIZU Hiroaki TOKYO NATIONAL COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY,Dept.of Mechanical Engineering, Prof., 機械工学科, 助教授 (90149914)
OTSUKA Jiro SHIZUOKA Institute of Sci. & Eng., Dept.of Mech. Eng., Prof., 工学部・機械工学科, 教授 (30016787)
MURANAKA Yoichi CHUO Univ, Fac, of Sci. & Eng., Dept.of Mech.Eng., Prof., 理工学部・精密機械工学科, 教授 (80055194)
|Project Period (FY)
1993 – 1994
|Keywords||Balance / Parallel Spring / Sensitivity / Displacement / Gap sensor / Elastic hinge / Ideal point / Dimensional error|
The study conducted in 1994 is concerned with the following two subjects,
1) The effect of the dimensional error of the hinge on the mass and the dynamic rigidity
2) On the displacement detecting type balance with high sensitivity
1. The effect of the dimensinal error of the hinge on the mass and the dynamic rigidity
The experiments are repeatedly done on the effect of the dimensional error on the mass, using a prototype balance with dimensions of 54 high, 62 wide and 8mm thick.
(1) The fact that around 3/8 of the dimensional error in thickness contributes to the mass to be measured is confirmed in order to highten the dynamic rigidity.
(2) It necessities to make hinge stiff and reduce mass of reinforceing plate and the stage.
2. On the displacement detectig type balance with high sensitivity.
The manufactured fine balance with high sensitivity consists of 5 flat plates (dimensions : 50mm high, 12 thick and 50 wide) made of aluminum. In order to design a balance with high sensitivity, all the plates are combined in series. The facts made clear in this study are ;
(1) The displacement at the ideal point remains ideally unchanged regardless of the loading position. The actual displacement, however, changes in according with the location of loading, leading to the error of the mass to be measured.
(2) The balance concerned is too stiff to achieve the expected accuracy of 1/10,000. It is required to improve further more the sensitivity
(3) The balance necessities to be modified because of the torsional weakness.
Research Products (8 results)