1994 Fiscal Year Final Research Report Summary
Development of Computer-Aided System for Environmental Management in Estuaries
Grant-in-Aid for Developmental Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Osaka University |
NAKATSUJI Keiji Osaka University, Dept.of Civil Eng., Associate Professor -> 大阪大学, 工学部, 助教授 (10029324)
MUZUTORI Masafuni The Central Electric Power Council, Eng.Development Dept., Deputy Manager, 技術開発部, 副部長
TOMINAGA Akihiro Nagoya Institute of Technology, Dept.of Civil Eng., Associate Professor, 工学部, 助教授 (60135530)
FUJITA Ichirou Gifu University, Dept.of Civil Eng., Associate Professor, 工学部, 助教授 (10127392)
FUKUSHIMA Yuusuke Nagaoka Institute of Technology and Science, Dept.of Civil Eng., Associate Profe, 工学部, 助教授 (40111661)
AYA Shirou Osaka Kogyo University, Dept.of Civil Eng., Associate Professor, 工学部, 助教授 (00026361)
|Project Period (FY)
1993 – 1994
|Keywords||Visualization techniques / Image processing / Automatic measurement system / Estuaries and coastal seas / Hydrospheric environment / Computer-aid system / Numerical experiment / Hydraulic experiment|
Visualization techniques are of fundamental importance to understand the physical processes or environmental assessment against newly planned projects. The reason is that both government officers on the side of promotion and citizens concerned on the side of evaluation, generally, have no expert knowledge of hydrodynamics in estuaries and coastal seas. Hydraulic model experiments, therefore, have been used, because the change of convection and dispersion processes can be easily understood by only watching the spreading of discharged dyes. Most of people concerned can understand the effects of new projects on the estuarine system without the expert knowledge in that way.
However, as the understanding of complex phenomena become clear, for example, the importance of stratification due to density difference, internal waves, and Coriolis force affect the flow and dispersion system, the numerical experiments are recognized as one of suitable simulators. Under such circumstances, it is necess
ary to develop the visualization techniques such that citizens without expert knowledge can easily evaluate the values of planned projects or their alternative ones.
1. Three-dimensional baroclinic flow model and Lagrangian tracer trajectories with animation visualization system are developed by K.Nakatsuji.
2. Grid-generation transformation system using the general coordinate is developed by S.Aya. It makes the computation of flows even in complex topologies enable.
3. Software producing the flow pattern such as time-trajectories, stream line, streak line including turbulence quantities is developed by Y.Fukushima.
4. Image processing system is developed by I.Fujita, which enables to transform the surface velocity pattern from bubbles, dusts or floating particles at surface in aerial photographs and satellite images. This system applied to the flood flow of Yodo River to succeed in the surface velocity pattern.
5. Visualization technique and automatic data analysis system for hydraulic experiments of unsteady open channel flow are developed.
6. Satellite image analysis system is developed by M.Mizutori. It applied to the flow and dispersion in Off-Fukushima Seas together with ARGOS buys for clarifying meso-scale oceanic flows. Less
Research Products (20 results)