1997 Fiscal Year Final Research Report Summary
Development of the simulator with an evacuation guidance system to evaluation fire safety in the deepest underground space
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
Town planning/Architectural planning
|Research Institution||Osaka University |
KASHIHARA Shiro Osaka University Dept.of Engineering, Professor. -> 大阪大学, 工学部, 教授 (70029164)
SAKATA Koichi Osaka University Dept.of Engineering, Research Associate, 工学部, 助手 (30252597)
YOKOTA Takashi Osaka University Dept.of Engineering, Research Associate, 工学部, 助手 (20182694)
YOSHIMURA Hidemasa Osaka University Dept.of Engineering, Associate Professor, 工学部, 助教授 (50167011)
|Project Period (FY)
1995 – 1997
|Keywords||underground market / crowd / simulation / computer / prevention of disaster / fire / besieged area|
1) This research aims to develop the simulator with an evacuation guidance system to evaluate escape safety in the deepest underground space at the view of architectural human engineering and to propose methods to design underground space as a safety room by using the developed simulator.
The results are follows.
1. We pointed out that there are some problems of signs and markers on ability of recognition from our investigation of the actual conditions of underground market made at Umeda in Osaka.
2. We found it an effective method to have safety of underground space that we should make the width of underground street wider from ourinvestigation on crowd flow made at Umeda in Osaka.
3. We developed the simulator system that can display human evacuation and smoke moving on computer CRT.
4. As a result of simulation, we found the deepest underground space more dangerous than normal buildings on the ground.
5. We proposed a besieged area for human safety at a fire accident in deep underground space.
Research Products (4 results)