1998 Fiscal Year Final Research Report Summary
A Study on Industrialization and the Business Elite in China
Grant-in-Aid for international Scientific Research
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Ehime University (1997-1998)|
Obihiro University of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine (1996)
NAKAMURA Norihiro Ehime University, Law and Letters, Professor, 法文学部, 教授 (10192676)
張 厚義 中国社会科学院, 社会学研究所, 研究員
YASUHARA Shigeru Aichi University, Literature, Professor, 文学部, 教授 (70054286)
NEBASHI Shouichi Ryutsu Keizai University, Sociology, Associate Professor, 社会学部, 助教授 (50164661)
TOMITA Kazuhiro Hiroshima Women's College, International Culture, Lecturer, 国際文化学部, 専任講師 (50285417)
CHEN Li-xing Nihon Fukushi University, Information and Social Science, Associate Professor, 情報社会科学部, 助教授 (60278314)
ZHANG Hou-yi Chinese Academi of Social Science, Institute of Sociology, Resercher
|Project Period (FY)
1996 – 1998
|Keywords||Chinese society / private entrepreneur / local culture / family tradition / social network / class consciousness / social change|
In this field research project, we have made four times interview for 75 entrepreneurs, and nationwide questionnaires for 2000 samples. The major findings are as follows :
1. We can get two types of the private entrepreneurs according to their orientation of the daily life, one is spiritual fulfilment type and the other is interest pursuit type. The formation of the former type as an actor for alternative industrial society is based on the local culture that based on the history of resistance to political power.
2. Through the whole case, there is a lot of family managing enterprise, and that has close relationship with the family tradition of the region.
3. In rural area and local cities, because of the imperfection of the finance system and the law about the market trade, the operations of the social network by the private entrepreneurs have played a significant role in their capital formation process.
4. About the class consciousness, the private entrepreneurs recognize their social situation as the intermediate one. The variable that prescribes it is, the birthplace is either in real area or cities.
5. Though these examinations, we can make clear the formation of the private entrepreneursin chinse industrialization process have close relationship with so called the locality, local tradition and local culture.
Research Products (12 results)