1998 Fiscal Year Final Research Report Summary
Research for the Multi-Media databases of the Japanese History and their On-Line Access on the WWW server.
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||The University of Tokyo |
KATO Tomoyasu The University of Tokyo, Historiographical Institute Ancient Materials Department, Professor -> 東京大学, 史料編さん所, 教授 (00114439)
TSURUTA Kei The University of Tokyo, Historiographical Institute Early Modern Materials Depa, 史料編さん所, 助教授 (10172066)
YOKOYAMA Yoshinori The University of Tokyo, Historiographical Institute Early Modern Materials Depa, 史料編さん所, 助教授 (90143536)
KONDO Shigekazu The University of Tokyo, Historiographical Institute Ancient Materials Departmen, 史料編さん所, 助教授 (90153717)
HOTATE Michihisa The University of Tokyo, Historiographical Institute Document and Diary Departme, 史料編さん所, 教授 (70092327)
ISHIGAMI Eiichi The University of Tokyo, Historiographical Institute Ancient Materials Departmen, 史料編さん所, 教授 (40092134)
|Project Period (FY)
1996 – 1998
|Keywords||Historical Database / WWW server / Image server / HTML / microfilm / book scan|
The research aimed and accomplished the projects as following ;
1. to convert the SHIPS-databases accumulated on the mainframe, such as "Japanese Old Documents On-line Catalogue", "Chronological Database for the Japanese History and the Meiji Restoration", "Dai Nippon Shiryo Index Database", etc. to the Unix work station and to make them available from WWW server.
2. to scan the 800 reels of microfilms of Eishabon (the transparent copies of the old documents) and install the 530,000 image files into the CD-ROM server and to make the hyperlink code in the SHIPS-databases in order to view these image files with WWW browser.
3. to scan the 6,000 pages of "Historical Documents Relating to JAPAN in Foreign Countries" vols. 14.
4. to construct the hypertext pages of "the Documents of IKIRI", held in the Historiographical Institute, with the jpeg image files converted from PHOTO-CD.
5. to improve the text input module in the full text database by using the HTML and reform the data entry batch system in the Chronological Database to be able to enter the date and location data.
6. to add the linkage fields into the several databases, through which the images of the Institute's Publications are to be displayed.
Research Products (8 results)