1998 Fiscal Year Final Research Report Summary
Fundamental Study of An Earthquake-resistant Reliability Design Method of Concrete Structures
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Shinsyu University |
CHOU Takashi Shinsyu University, Faculty of Engrg, Professor, 工学部, 教授 (10020968)
KOYAMA Shigeru Shinsyu University, Faculty of Engrg, Assistant, 工学部, 助手 (30271886)
OHKAMI Tosiyuki Shinsyu University, Faculty of Engrg, Asso.Pro., 工学部, 助教授 (80152057)
KOYAMA Ken Shinsyu University, Faculty of Engrg, Asso., 工学部, 助教授 (40021026)
IZUTANI Yasuo Shinsyu University, Faculty of Engrg, Professor, 工学部, 教授 (60092863)
MITSUI Yasushi Shinsyu University, Faculty of Engrg, Professor, 工学部, 教授 (20021008)
|Project Period (FY)
1997 – 1998
|Keywords||safety / economy / reinforced concrete / earthquake-resistnt design / reliability / probability|
1) Statistical quantities have been presented based on the collection of the stochastic data concerning how arrangement of reinforcement is actually made in case of concrete structures.
2) The existing prediction formula of the acceleration response spectrum in the vicinity of the epicenter of an earthquake directly underneath takes excessively small a value, In the meantime, when expression is made by means of a linear regressive equation using an equivalent epicenter distance, it is made plain that accuracy is heightened.
3) Details concerning the shearing failure of reinforced concrete columns/piers are explained from diagonal tensile failure, but the failure is actually caused by shearing In consideration of such a situation, investigation was given to the propriety of the conventional shearing resistant force formula, and it is confirmed as a result that the formula is appropriate enough.
4) In connection with the problematic points possessed by 2-step performance design method viewe
d from a standpoint of the reliability design method, that is to say, the uncertainty possessed by the 2-step design earthquake force and the uncertainty of the performance guarantee assessment equation, there is an apprehension, it is pointed out, that excessive evaluation will be made unless sufficient explanation is done to the ordinary people making as far as possible use of numerical values.
5) Proposal was made with a new earthquake-resistant performance evaluation method and a new earthquake-resistant performance evaluation plan based on the reliability design method. After that, proposal was furthermore made with a rational design method of the numerical values of the safety coefficients in the new road bridge specification.
6) Proposal was made in such a manner in purport that : An actual and effective design method in consideration of the imminence of an earthquake is regarded as unnecessary. That is to say, no design of the second step on the spot where no judgment is made with a possibility of occurrence of an earthquake is required. Contrarily to the above, construction is made by applying the design method of the second step in priority with the spot where there is a high possibility that severe earthquakes will occur. Thus reinforcement is made.
7) Estimated values of the numerical evaluation of economy and safety are shown. Thus proposal was made with necessity of formation of social agreement in relation to a settlement problem of a safety level. Less
Research Products (10 results)