1998 Fiscal Year Final Research Report Summary
Research on Integrating Network Technology into Schools and Changing Teachers' Awareness
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Toyama National College of Maritime Technology |
NARUSE Yoshinori Toyama National College of Maritime Technology, Department of General Education, Associate Professor -> 富山商船高等専門学校, 一般教科, 助教授 (00249773)
SHINKAI Junko Toyama National College of Maritime Technology, Department of Information Engine, 情報工学科, 助教授 (60179067)
SHINOKAWA Toshiyuki Toyama National College of Maritime Technology, Department of Information Engine, 情報工学科, 助教授 (90196387)
MAEDA Takashi Kanazawa University, Department of Economics, Professor, 経済学部, 教授 (40157136)
|Project Period (FY)
1997 – 1998
|Keywords||Network / Teachers' Awareness / Intercultural Exchange / Cost Allocation / Cooperative Geme Theory|
The purpose of this research was as follows.
(1) How teachers' awareness of network use in education could be changed when integrating network technology into schools was promoted?
(2) What kind of modifications should we prepare for teachers and students to promote the network use?
We planned an educational program in collaboration with several institutions in N.I.and we assisted students in able to exchange their opinions with one another and analyzed the program.
1. It was shown that many teachers admitted it was significant for them to use the network (e-mail and WWW, etc.) in a class.
2. Many teachers thought that active network use in education was very useful to students, and it was followed that teachers and students should be supported to use information technology actively in a class. We made homepages so that students of partner schools could use them and share information freely.
Furthermore we focused on the fact that there were many teachers who could design their classes effectively if they could use information technology easily, and we developed an educational program for teachers who were unfamiliar with with technology.
3. We studied the relationship between the effect of network technology in a class and teachers' awareness. We proposed a new way to assess contribution of the information tool in a class.
4. The result of the research showed that teachers found it was very important for students to exchange opinions with foreign students using technology such as video conference, and they also found it was effective to use these systems as a video-conferencing tool to communicate with one another, which resulted in a new problem. That was a correspondence expense. We discussed the new problem which would be resulted from promoting regular contact using video conference.
We proposed a solution, which was applied from cost allocation problems through a game theoretical approach into educational issues.
Research Products (4 results)