1999 Fiscal Year Final Research Report Summary
Study of the moleculon mechanism for cancer metartasis in digestive organo and n
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||KYOTO UNIVERSITY |
ARII Shigeli Kyoto University, First Dept. of Surgery, 医学研究科, 助教授 (50151171)
KAIDO Loshimi Kyoto University, First Dept. of Surgery, 医学研究科, 助手 (80314194)
IMAMURA Masajuki Kyoto University, First Dept. of Surgery, 医学研究科, 教授 (00108995)
|Project Period (FY)
1998 – 1999
|Keywords||invasion / metastasis / kan-1 / gankyrin / UEGF / MMP / Rho / HME|
The most important factor for prognosis of cancer patients is invasion and metastasis of cancers. In the present study, we attempted to clarify the molecules responsible for cancer metastasis, and to establish a novel strategy against this disease by manipulating the expression of these molecules.
We obtained the interesting results as follows.
1) We discovered a new gene, Kan-1 which is expressed specifically in the liver and is a novel prognostic indicator for hepatocellular cancer patients.
2) We discovered a novel protein, gankyrin which suppresses Rb protein and overexpresses in hepatocellular carcinoma.
3) We clarified that VEGF(vascular endothelial growth factor) , MMP family, Rho, HME(human metalloelastase)are participated in invasion and metastasis of cancers by studying the human materials.
4) We clarified the significance of VEGF in the cancer growth and metastasis by establishing a stable clones transfected with VEGFcDNA.
5) We clarified a effect of MMP inhibitor in cancer metastasis.
6) We clarified that gene therapy by using soluble Flt-1expression vector is effective against peritoneal dissemination of cancer.
Research Products (12 results)