2000 Fiscal Year Final Research Report Summary
Development of liquid He free dilution refrigerator with Gifford-McMahon refrigerator.
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B).
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Tohoku University |
FUKASE Tetsuo Tohoku University, Institute for Materials Research, Professor, 金属材料研究所, 教授 (90005900)
NOJIMA Tsutomu Tohoku University, Low Temperature Center, Associate Professor, 極低温科学センター, 助教授 (80222199)
SASAKI Takahiko Tohoku University, Institute for Materials Research, Associate Professor, 金属材料研究所, 助教授 (20241565)
KOBAYASHI Norio Tohoku University, Institute for Materials Research, Professor, 金属材料研究所, 教授 (40111306)
KAMIOKA Yasuharu Taiyo Toyo Sanso Co.Ltd., Low Temperature Division, Head Researcher, BMEP超低温事業部, 研究主幹
NAKAMURA Shintaro Tohoku University, Low Temperature Center, Research Associate, 極低温科学センター, 助手 (20292310)
|Project Period (FY)
1998 – 2000
|Keywords||Dilution refrigerator / Gifford-McMahon refrigerator / Ultra low temperature|
A ^3He-^4He dilution refrigerator is developed to operate without using liquid helium. A commercial two-stage Gifford-McMahon refrigerator(SRDK-408DA, Sumitomo Heavy Industries, ltd.)is used to cool the dilution unit and the radiation shield of shield of the cryostat. A Joule-Thomson cycle for condensation of the ^3He-^4He gas mixture into the dilution unit is designed to built in the dilution refrigeration process.
1. The GM refrigerator can cool the DR unit down to 3.05K.This low temperature is enough to operate Joule-Thomson cycle and the dilution refrigeration process.
2. A dilution unit with a standard tube-in-tube type heat exchanger and a counter flow type heat exchanger for Joule-Thomson expansion has been made and passed on the helium leak test.
3. Automatic circulation ^3He-^4He gas control system has been made and tested.
4. The dilution unit has been combined with the GM refrigerator. Leak test with helium gas has been passed on several connection parts to the gas control system.
5. Thermometers and electrical heaters are attached to the dilution unit.
6. A condensation process of the mixture gas in a Joule-Thomson cycle is under examination. Final refrigeration test is planed soon just after the condensation test.
Research Products (12 results)