2000 Fiscal Year Final Research Report Summary
Development of antimicrobial tissue conditioners without ethvl alcohol based on sebacate ester
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Hiroshima University |
MURATA Hiroshi Hiroshima Univ., Faculty of Dentistry, Research Associate, 歯学部, 助手 (40229993)
KUMAGAI Hiroshi Hiroshima Univ., University Dental Hospital, Research Associate, 歯学部・附属病院, 助手 (60284212)
SADAMORI Shinsuke Hiroshima Univ., Faculty of Dentistry, Associate Professor, 歯学部, 助教授 (40187167)
HAMADA Taizo Hiroshima Univ., Faculty of Dentistry, Professor, 歯学部, 教授 (50034244)
|Project Period (FY)
1999 – 2000
|Keywords||Tissue conditioner / Alcohol / Sebacate ester / Viscoelasticity / Gelation|
The purpose of this research is to development of antimicrobial tissue conditioner without alcohol based on sebacate ester. In this study, we examined as follows.
1) Establishment of evaluation method of dynamic viscoelastic properties of tissue conditioners and resilient denture liners.
2) Dynamic viscoelastic properties of commercial tissue conditioners during gelation.
3) Dynamic viscoelastic properties of commercial tissue conditioners after gelation.
4) Influence of ethyl alcohol on viscoelastic properties of tissue conditioners during and after gelation.
5) Relationship between dimensional stability and weight changes of tissue conditioners.
6) Relationship between viscoelastic properties of denture liners and masticatory function.
7) Gelation time of tissue conditioners base on poly (butyl methacrylate) or similar.
As stated above, we concluded that it is possible to develop the antimicrobial tissue conditioners without ethyl alcohol based on sebacate ester by using poly (butyl methacrylate) or similar. We will conduct experiment concerning the durability of the tissue conditioners without ethyl alcohol.
Research Products (12 results)