2002 Fiscal Year Final Research Report Summary
Mobility Mechanism of Micro Robot under Micro-Gravity
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Institute o f Space and Astronautical Science |
NAKATANI Ichiro Institute of Space and Aeronautical Science, Spacecraft Engineering Division, Professor, 宇宙探査工学研究系, 教授 (40150049)
KUNII Yasuharu Chuo University, Associate Professor, 理工学部, 助教授 (60297108)
KURODA Yoji Meiji University, Associate Professor, 理工学部, 助教授 (80281442)
KUBOTA Takashi Institute of Space and Aeronautical Science, Spacecraft Engineering Division, Associate Professor, 宇宙探査工学研究系, 助教授 (90211888)
YAMAKAWA Hiroshi Institute of Space and Aeronautical Science, Spacecraft Engineering Division, Associate Professor, 宇宙探査工学研究系, 助教授 (50260013)
YOSHIMITSU Tetsuo Institute of Space and Aeronautical Science, Spacecraft Engineering Division, Research Associate, 宇宙探査工学研究系, 助手 (60332152)
|Project Period (FY)
2000 – 2002
|Keywords||Mobility Mechanism / Micro-Gravity Environment / Hopping Robot / Micro Gravity Experiment / Self-Positioning / Micro Robot / Torquer Actuator / Sun Sensor|
The authors have studied a micro-robot with a new mobility system to move and hop under such micro gravity environment as International Space Station or surface of small body, comets or asteroids. The authors have developed an novel algorithm to move under micro gravity autonomously and safely. The authors also have studied a selfpositioning method to identify the position and attitude of a robot on the surface of small body. The obtained results are as follows.
1. Mobility Mechanism : a new mobility on hopping was proposed and the effectiveness was confirmed by simulations.
2. Position Identification : a new positioning method was developed by the sun sensors.
3. Motion Estimation : a method to estimate motion of a robot during hopping was devebped and the effectiveness was confirmed by simulations.
4. Motion Planning : a path planning scheme was proposed and simulated
5. Micro Gravity Experiments : hopping experiments were performed and the experimental robot with proposed mobility succeeded. In hopping under micro -gravity.
6. Application to Exploration Rover : exploration rover with proposed mechanism was designed and the prototype was devebped.
Research Products (36 results)