2002 Fiscal Year Final Research Report Summary
Development of the System on the Partial Reconstruction of Condominium Building
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
Town planning/Architectural planning
|Research Institution||TOHOKU UNIVERSITY |
OMI Takashi Tohoku Univ.,Graduate School of Engineering, Professor, 大学院・工学研究科, 教授 (50005451)
KAMANO Kuniki Chiba Univ., Dep. of Law and Politics, Professor, 法経学部, 教授 (00204610)
KOBAYASHI Hideki Ministry of Land ,Infrastructure and Transport,National Institute for Land and Infrastructure Management,Head, 第一研究部, 室長(研究職)
OHOISHI Makoto Urban Development Corporation, Redevelopment Division,Head, 再開発部市街地再開発課, 課長(研究職)
YAMAGUCHI Ikuo Tohoku Univ.,Graduate school of Engineering, Professor, 大学院・工学研究科, 教授 (90302174)
|Project Period (FY)
2000 – 2002
|Keywords||condominium / partial reconstruction / renovation of condominium / onversion / urban redevelopment / relocation / extension of building / reduction of floor area|
Japanese condominium law requires to demolishing the whole of building for reconstruction of the condominium building. But many old condominiums will continue to live and to be useful. So this study examined the methods for reconstruction and remodeling of the old condominium without demolishing the whole of the building. We defined this method as a new concept "the partial reconetruction". We compared the condominium building with the apartment house (as public housing) to confirm the feasibility of this concept.
The results are as follows.
1) We proposed the way of thinking that the party wall sandwiched between the adjoining units is able to open for connecting these units, and that the continuous three units are able to be two units dividing the center unit using new party wall as common elements.
2) We investigated various types of enlargement or extension of condominium buildings.
3) We can be divided into 12 types of the conversion with condominium. And we gave the new definition of the partial conversion for the changing of the unit's use or the condommium ownership pattern.
4) In the condominium building later years many vacant units will occur. Therefore, we examined the method of closing the unit or reducing floor area to avoid inefficient management of condominium.
5) We clarified the point at issue of the applicability to Japanese law system with the comparative legal study on the reconstruction and termination of the foreign condominium.
6) Lastly, we insist on the importance that condominium owners can decide by majority vote the partial reconstruction of the condominium building.
Research Products (14 results)