2002 Fiscal Year Final Research Report Summary
Development of robot arm helping laparoscopic surgery
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Fujita Health University |
MATSUMOTO Sumio Fujita Health University, School of Medicine, Surgery, Professor, 医学部, 教授 (80124957)
MIZUNO Yoshihisa Fujita Health University, School of Medicine, Surgery, Assistant Professor, 医学部, 講師 (90219650)
KAWABE Norihiko Fujita Health University, School of Medicine, Surgery, Assistant Professor, 医学部, 講師 (00234120)
UMEMOTO Shunji Fujita Health University, School of Medicine, Surgery, Associated Professor, 医学部, 助教授 (70138022)
|Project Period (FY)
2001 – 2002
|Keywords||Laparoscopic surgery / Laparoscope / Robot arm / Computer surgery / Laparoscopic cholecystectomy / Laparoscopic distal gastrectomy / Laparoscopic colectomy|
We measured the movement of laparoscope in laparoscopic cholecystectomy, gastrectomy and colectomy. Based on these data, we estimated the range of movement of laparoscopy and made wooden prototype arm to hold laparoscope according to the following specification.
1. Cordinates (r, θ, φ), 3 axis.
2. 2.Diameter of bottom arm of horizontal axis is 200 mm.
3. Movement of z-axis is 30 degrees.
4. Arm holding laparoscope is supported with two-joint horizontal arm
We made prototype arm by plastic material and examined the area covering operating field. Then, we made prototype arm from plastic material, which is sterilized, and evaluated to apply to the actual operation. Thereby, we got the following results.
1. The angle of z-axis was increased from 30 degrees to 40 degrees to secure visual field of rectal cancer.
2. Joint of horizontal arm was increased from two to three joints. It secured more broad covering area along the body longitudinal direction. We could apply the arm easier by such improvement for gastrectomy or right (left) hemicolectomy.
3. Endurance of motor was not examined.
4. We could not start to make arm holding grasper as an instrument to support first assistant.