2006 Fiscal Year Final Research Report Summary
Positive Research in Regard to the Transmission and Make up of Buddhist Scripture Collections -The Case of Kozanji-
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (S)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||HOKKAIDO UNIVERSITY |
ISHIZUKA Harumichi Hokkaido Univ., Prof. Emeritus -> 北海道大学, 名誉教授 (10002289)
MIYAZAWA Toshimasa Hokkaido Univ., Prof. Emeritus, 名誉教授 (30113632)
IKEDA Shoju Hokkaido Univ., Grad. School of Let., Prof, 大学院文学研究科, 教授 (20176093)
TSUKISHIMA Hiroshi Tokyo Univ., Prof Emeritus, 名誉教授 (60011277)
NUMOTO Katsuaki Hiroshima Univ., Grad. School of Edu., Prof, 大学院教育学研究科, 教授 (40033500)
SHIRAI Jun Shinshu Univ., Fac. of Human., Lec, 人文学部, 専任講師 (20312324)
|Project Period (FY)
2002 – 2006
|Keywords||Kozanji / Buddhist scripture Collection / Old property of Kozanji / International intercourse / China : Taiwan : Vietnam : U.K.|
1. Through investigations of manuscripts and books at Kozanji-temple, it has been made clear the mutual correspondence between the contemporary collection and the old catalogues of Kozanji's collection on a large number.
2. Through investigations of manuscripts and books at Kozanji, it has been made clear newly the titles of fragments on not a small number.
3. By creating databases of the property of Kozanji's Buddhist scripture collection it has been possible to reproduce important information from existing properties and old properties. The case of Kozanji is only one case to be provided the catalogues of the collection from 13th century to contemporary, and the databases of them are very useful for many fields of the humanities.
4. Systematic investigations of old properties of Kozanji have been enforced in Japan and abroad. Especially it has been succeeded to help the publication of the catalogue of old properties of Yang-Shou-jing stored by Hubei Museum in China.
5. It has been enforced to make up image database of existing and old properties of Kozanji. Especially the images of 6 existing and 1 old properties of Kozanji have been devoted info the Database of Normative glyphs of Hanzi script (IING), which is opened by internet.
6. International workshops and conference have been held at Hokkaido Univ. in 2002, 2004, 2006 to discuss and report on the Kozanji Buddhistic scripture collection.
7. A manuscript of old property of Kozanji has been purchased to devote into the project.
Research Products (14 results)