米田 穣 東京大学, 大学院・新領域創成科学研究科, 准教授 (30280712)
河野 一隆 九州国立博物館, 学芸部, 資料室長 (10416555)
諫早 直人 奈良文化財研究所, 都城発掘調査部, 研究員 (80599423)
宮原 晋吾 京都市考古研究所, 主任研究員
臼井 正 大阪産業大学, 非常勤講師
張 在明 陝西省考古研究院, 研究員
塔 拉 内蒙古自治区博物院, 院長
魏 堅 中国人民大学, 国学院・北方文化研究所, 教授
王 曉〓 中国人民大学, 国学院・北方文化研究所, 副教授
Over the four years of research in this region, I was able to conduct academic and scientific examination through the use of GIS in the field of archeological and historical context, together with the use of carbon dating. I have summarized my result in three main points below :
1.Comparison of the design and characteristics between the Imperial Capital of Han, Wei, to the ancient counties and prefectures sites.
1) Completing the conceptual plan of the Imperial Capital. The design of the capital"Chang-An"ranges about 75km in the North-South direction. The Wei river is located in the center between the capital and the tumulus, as a symbolic divide between the life and death directly in the north and south direction. As well as a symbol of power and divinity of the Imperial Han dynasty, this can be seen in the positions of monumental buildings in natural spaces such as rivers, mountain, and its design in reflecting the divide between heaven and earth. This has influenced the design of anci
ent city of Eastern-Asia hugely.
2) Research and Restoration of the Ancient Counties and Prefectures Sites. I have conducted thorough researched and measurement at 26 local counties and prefectural sites located in HuaBei(華北) and Inner Mongolia, I have utilized GPS and GIS analysis to break down the its design and its directions. For the first time, the data on the position of these local sites in relation to the central imperial capital has been collected. These are mostly square shaped city space with 500～600m on each side. They focus in its design is towards the north direction, however there is often 1～7 degree deviation. It is not as precise compare to the imperial capital, the deviation can be seen as in correlation with the relationship between the local and central government at the time. It is now clear that outside the city, tombs were also designed with square-shaped positions and careful directions in mind, it is considered as a replicate of the design of the imperial capital.
3) In Search of the Northern Boarder Sites. The research conducted at YinShan(陰山) in Inner Mongolia discovered the co-existence of the city fortress, the great wall and beacon tower. The square shaped fortress with 40～50m on each side, acts as one of the city gate, a strong defensive facility with stonewalls with heights about 3～5m. The great wall and beacon towers are located nearby ; therefore it is seen as a military facility in the northern region during the Qin, Han period.
2.Research and Investigation on the Qin straight road
1) Truth about the Qin straight road : The North-South trunk highway which was built in the Qin dynasty around 212BC was always considered as a historical fantasy. As a result of Sino-Japanese collaboration on its excavation in recent years, the true face of the Qin straight road has finally revealed itself. The average width of the roads on the mountain area, and the earthy layered roads are about 30m. Along its way are large-scale facilities for imperial use on outings, accommodation facilities, as well as military facilities for defense purpose. The "imperial road"itself is indeed a product of advanced level of civil engineering and enormous political power.
2) Comparison between the Roman Roads. Roman roads are mostly consist of gravel and sand stone, with a distinct 4m wide stone surface. During the Roman period it was a valuable military and transportation utility, and a highly useful ancient highway that also helped boosting trades.
3.Research and Measurement on the King of Tubo(吐蕃) grave of Tibet
The giant tombs that could stand as the signs of the Tubo(吐蕃) emperor are spread across four regions in Tibet, I was able to conduct GPS measurement on site at these four locations. As a result, I was able to further investigate on the characteristics of the large size square-shaped tomb and circular-shaped tomb in different era, and grasp the design and distribution of the Tubo(吐蕃) Imperial tombs with comprehensive data, as well as the characteristics of the its positions and surrounding environments. Less