1985 Fiscal Year Final Research Report Summary
A Research on Development of Fine Ceramics Shaving Hob
Grant-in-Aid for Developmental Scientific Research
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Kurume National College of Technology |
|Project Period (FY)
1984 – 1985
|Keywords||Tool material / Cemented carbide / Ceramics / CBN / Cubic Boron Nitride / Gear / Hobbing / Shaving hob|
1. Three pieces of fine-ceramic shaving hobs with the same specifications: m2.5, OD130mm, but three different ceramic chips which were applied by different maker, were made for trial.
2. Regrinding of ceremic chips which were attached on the main body. with diamond grinding wheel, is possible and already be done.
3. Finishing of differential drive ring-gear for automobil's transmission with trial-made shaving hob, and with cutting conditions; v=450m/min. f=1mm/rev., 5mm/rev., shows that both hobbing precision and surface roughness of gear are good.
4. It is known that selection of cutting oil for exclusive use, which has to be concerned with cutting speed, cutting action of blade's edge and margin part, is very important.
5. Using of AC spindle motor for main spindle of NC gear finishing machine made it possible to rise cutting speed up to 2200m/min..
6. Design and trial-manufacture of shaving hob with CBN chips were done, successfully.
7. Multi-layer on screw surface of hob's main body with CBN chips was succeeded, and then development of ceramic shaving hob in the shape of screw shape CBN grinding wheel was done successfully, too.
8. Finishing of differential drive ring-gear for automobile's transmission with crew shape CBN grinding wheel, and with cutting conditions: v=2000m/min., f=1mm/rev., 5mm/rev., was succeeded.
9. The prospect of large module ceramic shaving hob to be used in practice be come possible, after different experiments about cutting characters, cutting oil, etc. with using of m8, OD150mm carbide shaving hob on large module hardened gear.