1987 Fiscal Year Final Research Report Summary
Functional Design of Concrete Structures
Grant-in-Aid for Co-operative Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Gifu University |
KOYANAGI Wataru Faculty of Engineering, Gifu University, Professor, 工学部, 教授 (30025928)
ROKUGO Keitetsu Faculty of Engineering, Gifu University, Associate Prof., 工学部, 助教授 (40127155)
KOBAYASHI Kazuo Faculty of Enigneering, Kyoto University, Associate Prof., 工学部, 助教授 (10021586)
HIRASAWA Yukio Faculty of Enigineering, Chubu University, Professor, 工学部, 教授 (50065281)
KAWAMURA Mitsunori Faculty of Engineering, Kanazawa University, Professor, 工学部, 教授 (20019730)
FUJII Manabu Faculty of Engineering, Kyoto University, Professor, 工学部, 教授 (30031074)
|Project Period (FY)
1986 – 1987
|Keywords||Concrete structure / Functional design / Toughness / Abrasion / Impact / Fatigue / Corrosion of reinforcement / アルカリ骨材反応|
In addition to the usual strength design of concrete structures, functional design is strongly needed recently, where various functions of concrete other than strength function are quantitatively evaluated and are taken into account in the structural design. The object of this study is to develop the functional design, especially on the mechanical functions, of concrete structures. Principal conclusions derived are as follows;
1. On the toughness design of reinforced and prestressed concrete beams, toughnss index should be appropriate, which is defined by the function of cross sectional and material properties of a beam and the normal force acting on the beam. Concrete beams with high cracking resistance and high strength and toughness were also developed.
2. As to the abrasion resistant design of concrete, revolving disk abrasion tes and impact abrasion test by dropping steel balls were made on the concrete of various strength and various toughness, i.e. various amount of steel fibers.
Effectiveness of strength and fiber content on abrasion resistance was found to be largely dependent on the type of abrasion test and on whether the surface of concrete was dry or wet.
3. On the impact resitant design of concrete structures, lavered finite element technique is found to be very useful for analizing the impact failure behavior of reinforced concrete slab structures. Impact failure behavior of concrete wall handrails were also investigated experimentally.
4. On the corrosion inhibiting design of cocrete structures, chloride corrosion of reinforcement was mainly studied. The efficiency of various surface treatment agents of concrete was examined from stand points of the diffusibility of oxygen, water, chloride ion etc. within concrete. Reduction of alkali aggregate reactions by blastfurnace slag and flyash was also examined.
5. On the fatigue resistant design of concrete structures, the degree of damage caused by cyclic loading was obtained by measuring the changes in vibration characteristics of concrete members. Less
Research Products (11 results)