YABE Ichiro Rissho University. College fo General Education professor, 教養部, 教授 (80103175)
MUKAI Akira Tokai University, Department of Letters, Professor, 文学部, 教授 (70055664)
TASAKA Tetsuro Aichi University, Department of Letters, Professor, 文学部, 教授 (30064728)
KATAGIRI Kazuo Aoyama University, Department of Letters, Professor, 文学部, 教授 (70118719)
IWASAKI Tetsushi Shizuoka Prefectural University, Junior College, Professor, 短期大学部, 教授 (00070996)
1. Extant registers of Yogaku schools have been searched and the following thirteen school registers have been collected ; Otsuki Gentaku (Shirando), Horiuchi sodo, Unagami zuio, Komori Tou (Soshinkan), Habe Genseki (Geisuido), Mizuhara Sansetsu, Ito Genboku (Shosendo), Kawamoto komin (Seishudo), Sato, shochu (Juntendo), Ogata Koan (Tekijuku), Hirose Genkyo (Jishudo), Omura Masujiro (Kyukyodo), Matsumoto Ryojun (Gakushusha). The number of students registered amounts roughly more than 3500.
2. The photocopies of the originals of the seven of these extant registers have been compared with their printed version and several misprints and omissions have been detected in the latter.
3. To standardize the data, the work-sheets have been made, but the data of students appeared in the registers (usually names, the original place or han, and the date of entrance only) have turned out to be so scarce that additional data for each individual had to be supplied from other sources, which, however, tell little.
4. The basic data of each student (age, the date of birth and death, career, writings, etc.) are hardly obtained except for well-known persons. Therefore, the construction of the data-base of student registers regretfully had to be abandoned, but the data for Tekijuku of Ogata Koan have been in-put in the computer.
5. In order to get more data in respect to the individuals in the school registers the research group involving local historians over Japan should be organized, and constant efforts to accumulate relevant data in a long-range perspective are required.