1989 Fiscal Year Final Research Report Summary
Preparation of Functional Inorganic Materials by the Solution Process and Their Characterization
Grant-in-Aid for General Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||University of Osaka Prefecture |
MINAMI Tsutomu Univ. Osaka Pref., Prof. -> 大阪府立大学, 工学部, 教授 (80081313)
MACHIDA Nobuya Univ. Osaka Pref., Res. Ass., 工学部, 助手 (10190381)
TATSUMISAGO Masahiro Univ. Osaka Pref., Res. Ass., 工学部, 助手 (50137238)
TOHGE Noboru Univ. Osaka Pref. Ass. Prof., 工学部, 助教授 (00081315)
ADACHI Hirohiko Hyogo Univ. Teacher Educ., Prof. (60029105)
KOWADA Yoshiuki Hyogo Univ. Teacher Educ., Res. Ass. (90205542)
|Project Period (FY)
1988 – 1989
|Keywords||Solution Process / Functional Materials / High-Tc superconductor / Passivation layer / Spray-pyrolysis / Sol-gel process / Fine-patterning / Proton-condutor|
This research project has been carried out to develop the solution process for preparation of highly functional materials, such as ion-conductors, protective layers, superconductors, and so on. The following achievements have been done: 1. High-Tc superconducting particles have been prepared by the spray-pyrolysis, process using an aqueous solution of metal nitrates. Orthorhombic YBa_2Cu_3O_<7-x> particles and Bi_2Ca_1Sr_2CU_2O_X particles were directly formed at around 1000 and 800ﾟC, respectively.
2. Superconducting YBa_2CU_37_<7-X> and Bi_2Ca_2Sr_2Cu_3O_X films have been prepared from corresponding metal-alkoxides stabilized with alkanol amines; these films show Tc(zero) at 90K and 86K, respectively.
3. The control of the coating atmosphere has been found to be important for the preparation of passivation glass films of B_2O_3-SiO_2 ahd MO-B_2O_3-SiO_2(M=Zn, or Mg).
4. The coating of ZrO_2 and SiO_2 films on steel sheets has been proved to be effective for improvement of heat-resistance and weather-resistance. It has also been shown that the incorporation of fluorine and methyl groups into these films brings about water-repellent and elongation properties.
5. A novel process to form fine patterns in submicrons has been developed using polyethylene glycol-containing gel films.
6. SiO_2 films containing up to 40% H_3PMo_<l2>O_<40>.29H_2O have been prepared by the sol-gel method. These films show a linear response of logarithm of resistivity to humidity, indicating that these films are applicable to a humidity sensor.
Research Products (37 results)