1989 Fiscal Year Final Research Report Summary
The origin and pathology of the adhesive otitis media and relation with middle ear cholesteatoma
Grant-in-Aid for General Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||The Jikei University School of Medicine |
HONDA Yoshio The Jikei University School of Medicine, Department of Otolaryngology, Professor -> 東京慈恵会医科大学, 医学部, 教授 (40056479)
INOUE Hideo ditto, Assistant, 医学部, 助手 (80130144)
YAMAGUCHI Nobumasa ditto, Assistant, 医学部, 助手 (60130209)
TAKIGUCHI Kiyonori ditto, Lecturer, 医学部, 講師 (30142483)
MORIYAMA Hiroshi ditto, Lecturer, 医学部, 講師 (60125036)
UMEZAWA Yuji ditto, Assistant Professor, 医学部, 助教授 (90056945)
|Project Period (FY)
1988 – 1989
|Keywords||Adhesive otitis media / Sequelae of secretory otitis / Tensa cholesteatoma / Otitis induced perceptive deafness / Experimental adhesive otitis / Relation between adhesive otitis and cholesteatoma / 癒着性中耳炎と真珠腫の関係|
In order to examine the pathogenesis of adhesive otitis and the relationship between adhesive otitis and cholesteatoma, following researches were conducted.
1. clinical examinations 2. morphological observations of the animal tympanic membrane on the experimental otitis 3. morphology of the tympanic membrane in cases of adhesive otitis and cholesteatoma 4. study of human temporal bone 5. mechanism of sensory deafness in adhesive otitis 6. experimental otitis. Results are follows.
1. Adhesive otitis occurs as a sequela of infant persistent secretory otitis. Fibrous layers of the tympanic membrane are dissolved at the initial stage, then the tympanic membrane is gradually depressed by negative pressure in the middle ear. For the occurrence of the adherent phenomenon, some bacterial infection is considered to be necessary.
2. The transition from secretory otitis to adhesive otitis is made at early stage of childhood.
3. The transformation from adhesive otitis to tensa cholesteatoma is considered to be made in childhood too.
4. The situation of the tympanic orifice of the Eustachian tube is not only serious for the tympanoplasty except some partial cases.
5. Even in case of complete closure on the Eustachian tube, the tympanic membrane is not only adhered to the promontory. The tympanic membrane that the middle layer is extremely thick is too hard to adherent.
6. Perceptive deafness from adhesive otitis occurs through the round window membrane. The granulation tissure of the round window niche are considered to injure the inner ear function.
7. To make the animal model of the adhesive otitis is quite difficult, this matter will be future problem.
Research Products (8 results)